Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parts to upgrade on a 2002 t sport

PYATES2

Hi guys new to this site I have a 2002 t sport could you tell me what to upgrade to get more bhp. Do you have pull the engine? 

Yes. You'd have to do an engine swap to see any real difference in performance. That or bolt on a supercharger from a compressor... if you can find one breaking that is so you can get all the necessary parts.

Honestly, given how little T-Sports are worth these days I wouldn't bother. Engine swap will likely cost you a few thousand and require a reasonable amount of fabrication work. If you want a performance increase, save up some money, sell the T-Sport and grab a faster car (and if you like tuning, a more tuneable car, like a Scoob, Focus, Fiesta, Mazda 3/6 etc).

As above really. Unless you've a mate in the trade that can do the mechanics very very cheap for you. I.E. Bolt on turbo or engine and gear box swap with a Celica GT4 ST205👍.

Even the Compressor T Sport was only 217bhp. Not that much in it! 

Thanks guys it's my son's old car so I'm looking to track it! as a trade in we only got £100! The car is to good to break up.

So will do some research on the engine. Not bothered about undertaking the engine work myself, now I know what engine to put in...

Cheers 

Paul 

Celica ST05 is a good call, as is an Lancer/Evo engine - tonnes of parts around and dead easy to tune.

Hi Paul, if your thinking of tracking the car and you can pedal a car good, then and this is only my opinion, I own a 1.6 E12 2004 Corolla and a 1.3 2002 SR Yaris and I track both cars and built them from scratch and all I have done is strip both back ends out, replaced the seats with more hugging seats as you move around a lot, then race discs and pads and fluid and hoses, light weight flywheel and good clutch and then coilover suspension set up by a race team and lighter alloys and good sports tyres, strut braces front & rear, panel filter full exhaust system and removed the aircon systems. One  the of guys runs his tsport in the time attack series and he is very quick its a green e12. Ive been running these cars now since about 2012 and their still going now and still upsetting people in what should be lot faster cars. Have a look at se7en motorsport and fensport performance and GT4play, even given them a call have a chat all very nice guys.

• Like 1

Thankyou for the info very good read. 

Do you trailer them to the track or do they have mot's???

Cheers

Paul 

I still just MOT both cars as I use the Corolla for work as well, and I cant afford a trailer either.

Thanks sorry about the questions but could you inform me of a good sports exhaust system. 

With my car being a 1.6 I had to have a system custom made by AAS in Newcastle and they are really really good but cost me a lot. With your car being the Tsport I would drop an email or ring them to se7en motorsport or Fensport and ask them what they can get hold of, but like any Toyota it wont be cheap.

Your biggest gains will be the suspension and brakes, tyres around the track, to show up other more powerful cars then a good seat to hold you in place.

Ask as many questions as you like.

Cheers pal you have been a great help, maybe even see you on the track......

You should pop along to one of the TSS events and have a look so see if its something you want to use the tsport for, it free to get in as well.

Here is a pic of my Corolla (Silver 1.6) and Ollie's green (tsport) he use's his for TSS and UK Time Attack, and now I have retired the corolla I use my Yaris in a lower group but I'm still setting times within a second of my 1.6 in my 1.3 as the suspension setup is better on my yaris than my corolla, its like a go kart.

tss1.jpg

untitled.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links