Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeaky clutch slave cylinder...

bod1065

Know this is a common problem on the corolla t sport , mine been squeeking a while now, do they get worse and worse then die, is the squeak a sign of dying, or are they OK to leave, as was going to get a new one this week, ????

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Is it the Slave cylinder ?  its generally a common problem with the Master cylinder on the standard 1.4 /1.6 models.

A bit of rubbers safe White grease sprayed down the foot pedal plunger where it goes into  master cylinder usually cures it, though do lubricate all other pivot points on the clutch pedal and a bit of grease where the slave cylinder push rod hits the clutch arm .

Might take a day or so for the lubrication to get in there.

Will try the pedal with some lube, but sounds like its coming from front of the box....but will see...

Found an answer on here where to spray some penetrating fluid and some grease and now the squeak is gone...

I also had this squeak...

I would grease the back of the release fork and where the slave cylinder pushes on the fork. This would seem to stop it for a few weeks. However it would always return. Very annoying.

I was flushing the brake fluid one day, and ended up with almost a full litre of fluid left. Knowing that I would either have to use it or chuck it, I decided to flush the clutch pedal fluid with it.

As I was pumping the fluid through I had that annoying squeak and remember saying to myself that I would apply the grease again when finished with the flushing. However after flushing all the old fluid through, the noise had gone by itself. The clutch pedal was also noticeably lighter. This was coming up to two years ago, and I've not had that squeak since.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links