Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Install Sat Nav

LittleBritaly

We have just purchased our first Avensis , a 2009 tourer which will be used solely for business use.

I would like to remove the current radio and replace it with an original Toyota (or after market replacement) Sat nav unit.

I expect a brand new Toyota one will be far too expensive (expecting circa £1,000).

Could anyone tell me how to remove the current radio (all the videos I've seen are for earlier models) and maybe a good source for a used unit ?

All advice greatly appreciated.

I was thinking about this in a non sat nav t4 but decided on a pioneer touch screen from Halfords, very good unit and full iOS compatibly. I can't say any more as I sold the car before I done it. May be worth checking out.  Around 300 I think. 

Here are some pointers to removing the audio unit:- 

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/27609971-d2cf-42b0-8981-e839ddb35625/Avensis_TNS350_RHD_PZ445_00334_00_AIM_002_325_0.pdf

The hard bit is sourcing a secondhand navigation unit, which still can be expensive, unless you meet a friendly breaker who will let you have it cheap.

Thank you for the advice and link, it looks a nightmare to remove / fit, I'm going to visit Halfords next week to see what they have as I know they offer a fitting service.

1 hour ago, LittleBritaly said:

I did not look into steering wheel control compatibility but it was on my mind, make sure you ask about it and please update how you get on as I may upgrade my wife's car to the pioneer system if it goes well for you! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links