Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarmed!

chrisjones

Just bought a new Rav4 Invincible and sorted out the bells and whistles. (mostly)

In preparation for a ferry sea crossing,does anyone know how I can lock the car but not set the alarm, in case the trip is a bit choppy?

Also, there is small green thermometer icon on the right of the rev counter which goes out a short while after startup, which puzzles me.

Any help appreciated

Chris

Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum. :smile:

1) does the manual not mention how to?

2) on many (all?) Toyotas if you lock the doors using the mechanical key it doesn't set the alarm.

Thanks for your reply, Scott.

Believe it or not the manual (all 700 pages) is online now and no, you don't get a copy!

As far as I can see it doesn't answer my question(s). Will try with the key but its a smart entry system, so....?

Chris

The full owner's manual has been on-line for a while now, and new cars are supplied with a shortened owner's manual.  

As far as I was aware the Invincible trim level was pre-November 2015 - the range from November being Active, Business Edition, Business Edition Plus, Icon and Excel.

32 minutes ago, chrisjones said:

Thanks for your reply, Scott.

Believe it or not the manual (all 700 pages) is online now and no, you don't get a copy!

As far as I can see it doesn't answer my question(s). Will try with the key but its a smart entry system, so....?

Chris

afaik you can order a hard copy of the manual (possibly chargeable though).

It's a smart entry system but it's not a smart locking system ... :tongue:

Hard copies used to be available to order from Toyota dealers - these are chargeable. Where some have gone out of stock, subsequent print runs are limited runs, and this is reflected in increased costs. 

To bypass the alarm lock the car manually using the emergency key in the RHF door,

Thermometer light is indicating the engine is cold and to take due care until the light goes out

22 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

To bypass the alarm lock the car manually using the emergency key in the RHF door,

Thermometer light is indicating the engine is cold and to take due care until the light goes out

Thanks, Lee.

I'll try that, hopefully problem solved, much appreciated