Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ called Patience

G-Norman

We alway have a set of winter wheels of our cars to swop over when we head into the wintery months.
Tried looking looking for second hand set of 15" IQ alloys/steels, but their as rare as finding a Unicorn :donatello:, or quite expensive.

Looked long and hard to find some used Toyota wheels from other models with the same filament, but there wasn't much for sale at the moment.
As there are not loads of IQ's zipping about in the UK, compared to other popular car brands/models.  I researched into what other car had similar wheel fitament to our IQ's, so this would give a wider scope of choice.

Ended up noticing that the BMW Mini had the same size tyres as our IQ's with 15" wheels (175/65/15), the wheels specification was identical in all aspects, except that the centre bore for the Mini is 56.1 (this being 2mm oversized to our 54.1).  There were loads to choose from your favourite auction site, so just waited until the perfect set to come along.

Ended up picking up a set of BMW Mini 15" steel wheels with Pirelli Winter 190 Snowcontrol in 175/65/15.
The previous owner had only had them fitted on their car for a couple of days, so were really happy with this great find.

Gave them a good clean with APC (All Purpose Cleaner), and a quick polish to make them look nice :eye:
IMG_0241.jpg
The tyres still have the nobble bits on the tyres :)
IMG_0242.jpg

Here the Mini wheels have a centre bore which will be oversized on our hubs by 2mm
IMG_0243.jpg

Purchased some spigot rings (56.1 to 54.1)
IMG_0244.jpg

The wheels with the spigot rings fitted in place, bring the centre bore to the correct size of 54.1
IMG_0245.jpg

I like my winter steel wheels to be bare and run without hubcaps, but Georgina has always hated this look, so hubcaps it is...
Didn't fancy forking out on some genuine Toyota hubcaps, so why not keep the original BMW Mini hubcaps.  Couldn't drive about with Mini logos on a IQ :flex:
Simple solution was to purchase some wheel centre logos to stick over the original logos
IMG_0246.jpg

Wiped the centres with some isopropyl alcohol, to ensure good clean surface for cohesion of the stickers.
Bye bye mini logos and hello to new logos
IMG_0247.jpg

A set of winter wheels, all ready and waiting for our little IQ
IMG_0248.jpg

Simon

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G-Norman said:

There I was thinking that the Toyota dealer would have done one of them over 100 point checks on approved used cars...
I pulled out air pollen filter and it was a tad mucky.

Changing the air conditioning filter has only recently become a standard part of the service schedule - prior to this it was a maintenance option charged at additional cost to the service. So I would presume it may not be part of the used car checks.

Cheers FROSTYBALLS, that makes logical sense :blush: :smile:
Ay least the pollen filter is cheap to buy, and quick and easy to swop out...

Simon