Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Using Bluetooth phone ?

Sussexlad

My basic Doro phone is recognised by the Touch screen in my Yaris and I have been able to transfer the contact list but I'm still unclear how to make a call !

If I call out the Virgin CS number for example using the Touch screen contact list, it clearly establishes the call, because if I revert to using the actula phone , I can hear the recorded message but nothing is coming out of the car Audio system. 

There is a Hands Free button. Should I be pressing that to turn down the radio, which would drown out any conversation ? I assumed a telephone call would automatically mute the radio. This doesn't happen.

I suppose what I'm really asking is, is there a comprehensive guide on using a bluetooth phone with the Touch screen, because there's nothing in the Audio Yaris_QR.pdf I recently downloaded.

TIA

You're correct that the system should mute the radio and swap to the phone call.

First try deleting the pairing on both the phone and the car, then pair them up again.  Next try a different phone.  That should confirm whether it's a problem with your phone, or the car.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pointer. You made me look at it again. After re-pairing the phone to the Touch screen, I went through the phone settings and came across 'Audio path' which I hadn't noticed before. It now all works perfectly which is great !   :smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links