Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 07, 1.6L, Petrol, Engine Management Light - P0335 fault code

AndrejL

Hi guys, 

I am new to the forum so HI to everyone. I've found the forum to be a great source of information in the past and would like to find out if anyone can help with this issue.

My Toyota Auris 2007 1.6L petrol, gave me an engine management light warning ('Check Engine' on the dash) while driving back home after a hot day on the beach. I didn't notice any issue with the engine apart from a little judder when the light came on. No leaks, smoke, noise or anything else. I completed my journey with no problems and was thinking what to do with the car. The light stayed on for about a week and then the fault disappeared. Before it went, I managed to check the fault code which gave me the following fault: P0335 - Crankshaft position sensor A circuit malfunction'. After about two weeks, while driving I felt a judder and the management light came on again. This time the judder is more noticeable. I took the car for a ride on the motorway 70mph/3-4 gear to burn it out as advised by a friend (in case it is one of the sensors in exhaust) but so far the light is still on. And the judder seems to be more noticeable when the engine gets warm. I am wondering whether anyone else had a similar experience and would be kind enough to share it with me. I am a bit reluctant to take the car to the garage as I was told this fault code could be caused by several issues. 

I drove the car again today with no problem. If I am sensible the car runs fine. When the engine gets hot and I try to trash it a little bit the judder comes back. 

I would be grateful for any advice. 

Many thanks 

Andrej 

Has the connections to the crankshaft sensor been checked? A loose,corroded or contaminated connection could be the cause. Also the sensor may need to be removed to be cleaned.

The sensor could be failing and needs replacing, if cleaning and the connections fail to cure the problem.

The crankshaft sensor reads the signal direct from the crankshaft, so there less influences compared the the camshaft sensor, which can be affected by the timing chain stretching.

Also when you rev the engine higher, the signal from the sensor is not getting through to the ECU, so the engine misfires. 

If there is a way of checking the sensor values to see it is functioning, that would remove the guessing.

Here is a video I just found:-   

There are loads more videos on the subject.

Hi,

Thanks very much for your advice.

I took the car to the garage today to have it looked at, as I needed to sort it out.

The diagnostic confirmed it was the crankshaft sensor and this was replaced new.

I hope this was correct and the fault won't come back. 

It cost me about £170 with diagnostic, new sensor and labour.

Thanks again for your help 

Andrej 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links