Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sienna JBL Radio - Choppy Sound!

Greg in Illinois

IMG_0090.MOVAll of the sudden the radio in our Sienna is only able to emit a "choppy" sound that is impossible to tolerate.  If you can picture what a strobe light LOOKS like, imagine the sound "flashing" on and off many times per second.  This happened after putting the 3rd seat down and hauling some heavy boxes.  Maybe just a coincidence.  Pulled rear panels, pulled the sub, and checked the "local" wiring and it all looks OK.  Disconnected Battery, reconnected - still the same thing.  I will attach either an audio or video file if the site will allow it.

If anyone has had this issue or has an idea - please let me know!

Thanks!

IMG_0092.MOV

Edited by Greg in Illinois
Add video

• 3 months later...

Only just seen this, but get a multi-meter and unplug from the rear of the stereo, and the Speakers, then do a continuity check. It sounds like you have a shorted the wires, by damaging the insulation. If you can inspect the cabling you may find the damage. Also check seen if any connections were pulled slightly apart.

Hopefully you have done all this by now.  

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links