Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR issues

nixonlock

Hi Everyone

I have had my car just over a week and checked whether I need to sort this, put the reg number in and yes it has to go into the Main Dealer which I guess is this EGR thingy, can someone let me know what this is and do I need to get this sorted please ?

Thanks in advance,

Nicola

See the following thread - 

- and , yes, I would get it sorted.

• Like 1

Thanks Frostyballs, all booked in with Main dealer for 15th September,

Nicola xx

• 2 weeks later...

mine is booked in on the 20 September ....will report back  if it,s a improvement 

IQ back from dealers .......before i took car in i give it a good dose of red x  which was giving me better fuel consumption late 40s i only do short trips to work and back 8 miles round trip at the most Drop car off came home in a very nice loan car ,dealer phone mid morning say car would be ready late afternoon they had done a vehicle health check  and said it required a pollen filter + Wiper Blades agreed on filter to be fitted but said no to wipers blades not paying their prices Went to pick car up ,it was parked on the forecourt looking very clean (black car ) they had washed and valeted it ,went inside to hand keys over pick mine up ,service manager tried to sign me up to a 24 months warranty and a service plan but i work local only doing 4k a year at the most so don't think i will benefit from both plans .

On leaving the dealers i have found the car more responsive at low revs its quite hilly where i live and some times before it would just bogg down not pulling in the gears on my way home i did not find this a problem will see how it goes over the next few days   and report back    10/10 for Burrows Toyota of Barnsley      

20160920_165151.jpg

20160920_165132.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Up date on recall parts .......first full tank of normal unleaded petrol  no red x added since recall was carried out ,short trip from the garage to home fuel trip settling down .Set off to work this morning only a short run to work no more than 4 miles temp light goes off at about 3 miles in ave fuel comp showing 48 miles to the gallon .On leaving work this afternoon i set of changing up and down when shift light was lit ,same route as this morning i quite easy got it doing 50.3 to the gallon .Before the best on short runs was 42 so i am well pleased with the results car still pulling strong through the gears ,pulls up hills a lot better ...more up dates to follow :biggrin: