Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Speakers & Body Styling

mrrandom

Hey, i'm new to the forum, and all of you people seemf riendly enough so I feel good enough to shower you with me problems lol.

I got a second hand Yaris about a month ago, and discoeverd that there where only four Speakers in the front, I was quite disapointed, cause the sound sucks to be honest lol. The car overall is Mint!

So I went out and got a set of 100Watt Kenwood Speakers, £20 thank you Argos. And fitted them to the parcel shelf, I then ran both wires up the left hand side of the car (im in the UK so my stearing is on the right hand side). I then realised, "Holy ****, where am i supposed to connect these Speakers onto??" So at the moment the wires are just laying inside the car and havn't been connected up. I don't want to start buying splitters or Amplifies as I am a little stuck for cash. I was wondiner if anyone could tell me where to connect these onto? Preferably, I would like to connect them onto the two current speakers on the front doors. I'm not sure of colours of wires or anything like that so please help.....The other problem is that the previous owner for some reason has screwed the dash down very hard so I can't gain access to the radio.....strange person.

Irt has a sony 6 disk changer under the seat which I got the garage to install for me, but let's just say I'm not allowed to go back to them lol. Someone help!?!

Over time im also going to place a sports spoiler, side trims, side mouldings and tinted windows to the car, I already have a front skirt. Pretty funky lkooking i think. Oh, its a silver 5 door.

plus therel b pics, all pics will hav an instruction to follow. Just like i did b4 for matt&chuck a think, for the switch

I have a tape player in the dash, and a 6 disk cd changer under the passanger seat :-) i'm after taking the radio out so I am, the stereo is out thank god, got hte panel off, and I can see that there are about 6 input things into the back of it, which is which...

You are either gonna need one of these, 15 pound from dealer:

Picture%20011.jpg

Or crimp the wires to the existing wires, someone else will have to detail colour coding as I have no clue. I believe there is an issue with Ohms which I hope someone more technically minded will be able to explain for you.

Or crimp them to the existing speaker in your door.

DON'/T NO LOL!!! was on the phone with somebody there who said that the standard radion wouldn't b able to run six Speakers, and that I would have to disconnect the tweaters at the front.....this true?

I just fitted a new head unit CD changer and 6x9's, my mate who installed it used scotch locks (little blue things that can split a signal into two ) so the speekers on the dash and in door cards were classed as fronts and the 6x9's as rears.

Hope this helps

Niz :thumbsup: