Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Took On The Big Boys

System~G

Many of you have read some of my post relating to my working life. Averaging of 80 hours a week, being treated like poo, getting paid badly (or not at all), getting blamed for thing one did or didn't do, verbal abuse et al... the list goes on...

On Saturday all of us decided to hold a meeting (minus the management and directors) and discuss matters further. We descided that we would need to approach the directors as a group and take them on; as that way they wouldn't be able to bully us down. I was nominated spokes person and a "one-for-all-and-all-for-one" descision was made.

On Sat morning before our meeting, we had all received a text from the main managing director to be in the office at 7am Monday for a company meeting. So we didn't even have to corner them :D

Our meeting went well and was all dealt with very civily. You should have seen the look on the directors faces when I stood up at the end of what they had to say and blurted out: "Steve, some of us have some problems or isssues that need answers today." :lol:

Apparently I am now seen as a "hero" amongst the rest of the staff. And last night some middlemanagement congratulated me as none of them would have had the bottle to do it!!! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :P

Power to the people!

:thumbsup: Good on ya....

If ya face feels funny at times though - don't worry - its just the managers sticking pins in an effogy on a dartboard in their office.......

Only problem is next week is my personal review. There will be three directors, three managers and myself...

I don't know how I will be able to handle their bullying tactics when they are all ganged up on me :unsure:

Don't want to loose my cool and get sacked!

Aaaahh what the hell, I am going for job interviews any way :D

Heyyy we needed someone like you at my old place! :D

Good on ya! Dont let the bar stewards get you down! :thumbsup:

There had better not be a P45 in the post.

G, you were a spokesperson, so it should not have any influence over your appraisal.

There had better not be a P45 in the post.

G, you were a spokesperson, so it should not have any influence over your appraisal.

And if it does impcat upon you, if it all goes TU then you have a case!

Maybe they will promote me for having the balls to confront them :lol: Yeah right! :lol:

dont ever bottle it in front of the suits mate, stand up and give them abuse back regardless of how many there are.

if you get sacked for such a thing then its their loss not yours mate! its a big world out there with plenty more jobs.

crack on for what you did though! has anyone built a small shrine in your honour yet.

Maybe they will promote me for having the balls to confront them :lol: Yeah right! :lol:

you never know, showing iniative and balls often works wonders and always looked well upon if its worded correctly and with just cause

I did this the other day... took on the CEO and told him this and that needs changing..., at the end added one of our product names he made up was !Removed!... and suggested another..... its now called the name I chose ;)

Could well happen mate, management gets too political nowadays so they might see it a refreshing :thumbsup:

I have a small business, so I suppose I'm Boss. There are 4 girls & me. Ibelieve in open managment, so if something needs changing or I have a bright :lol: idea, we all sit down with a cup of tea and they tell me how stupid I am! we have been working together for 30 years & are still in business, Just. So there must be something right with my system.

I can't imagine not sharing my problems & successes with them. We are more like family, now, than my family are. :group-cuddles:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links