Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Seat Tear - Repair or Replace

jstallan

Hi,

So the little Yaris (2004 T-Spirit 5 door) I bought the other day was hiding something under the seat covers - a 3" tear on the drivers backrest. I'd pulled the cover back to inspect the seat cushion (which was fine) but short of removing the whole cover couldn't inspect any further. So my dilemma is should I repair the seat or look for a second hand one? The rest of the seat is in good condition apart from some water stains on the base that I think I've now removed.

Looking at the picture that cable (I think) is related to the airbag in the side of the seat ? 

Thoughts, opinions and advice please.

John

tear.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update...  Decided to have a go at stitching it. As the airbag is to the side of the tear I was concerned about setting this off so disconnected the Battery first. Very pleased with the outcome..

Just need to fix the broken electric mirrors now!

seat.jpg

That looks like a tidy repair. I understand any airbag fitted in the seat is designed to burst the stitching, which is suitably weak. As you haven't touched the original stitching, you probably haven't compromised its activation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links