Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1ND-TV 1.4L D4D XP90 starting problems

St0RM53

Hello guys. I own a Yaris XP90 diesel that for the past week has started having problems starting up. No engine code (although i haven't yet connected to the obd to check in Techstream), did full service, oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, coolant and no change. When it starts it behaves normal, same power no issues at all. Only when starting and it seems if i take a long drive then stop it becomes extremely difficult to start. Today it took 5 long cranks to get it to start! I also checked the SCV (?) valve on the fuel pump while i did the service, cleaned it up, checked resistance and used 12v to check if it is working and seemed fine. Of course Battery is perfectly fine, cranks like hell (no slow down whatever). Also we used STP diesel injector cleaner but like i said no change at all from the service.

Any ideas what can it be? 

Kind regards!

Did you expel air from fuel pump using the hand primer?

Ok i've used Techsteam yesterday, no DTC codes, Rail pressure is 30Mpa at idle (850rpm), 14Mpa at cranking (260rpm). Is this enough? Anyone has a pdf fsm i can download??

(btw all other paremeters looked ok)