Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice please

Aygonut

Having driven a 06 plate Aygo for 2 years and loving it. I am Thinking of upgrading to a newer model but concerned that the engine size only being the same as my 998 .Advice please on distance motorway driving is it  going to be to much for the engine to cope with.I have read many reviews concerning problems with bad weather i e wind and heavy rain with this car.

Many thanks

How much newer are you considering? Another first generation, which was on sale new until June 2014? A second generation, which was on sale new from June 2014?

I've driven my second generation (which I bought new in mid-August) on fast dual carriageways (up to 70mph) and it has been fine

Hi, either a 2015 or new .Motorway driving is an issue with my  current 2006 plate as is holding speed and pulling away  for overtaking when required. Thank you

Have a look at the Honest John review - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/aygo-2014/?section=road-test

To be honest, any 1.0 litre city car is not going to be at its best on the motorway, but the Aygo is competitive with other 1.0 litre city cars in this aspect

Compared to my Yaris D4D, the launch of them off the line is surprisingly good but where my D4D keeps pulling, they run out of puff pretty quickly unless you let the engine rev.

The engine is a bit gutless but as it will happily rev to the moon, it might be better to drop it into 4th and floor it if you want to do a quick overtake; You can do it in 5th but you need a bit of a run up (Don't even bother up an incline!)

That all said they do seem fairly comfortable cruising at 70+ judging by how many of them fly past me when I'm on the motorway :laugh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links