Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch & go 1 or touch & go 2

Mark Revill

Hi all,

After a small time away driving dear i say it a Tiguan i have now gone back to the good Rav4 and purchased a 2014 icon Rav4. What i am trying to do is establish if i have a touch 1 or touch 2 head unit. the number on the bottom right hand side of the head unit is 510014, and it does have Sat Nav.

I would like to upgrade it to the touch 2 plus with wifi but not sure if i can just purchase and fit the Sat nav unit to my head unit or if i have got to upgrade the whole system.

As per usual any help or advice would be greatly received.

PS. is there any thing i should check on the 2014 Rav4 at all its currently done 48000 miles 

2014 is the change over point between T1 & T2 if you press "setup" "General" then " software version" what version does it show?

versions 1.#.# or 2.#.# are Touch 1

Versions 3.#.# or higher are Touch 2

If you have Touch 1 then upgrading to Touch 2 with Go pro is a big job as the dash harnesses , Headunit and Nav would all need changing and whilst the headunit and Nav are easy the dash harness would need the radio harness from a Touch 2 car cutting and splicing into the original harness.

• Like 1

Hi Devon Aygo,

Thank you very much for your informative reply.

I have checked as you say and hoping it is good news, The software version is: 4.2.2L  The map ID is: 2014 v1

I take it from this i have the touch 2.

Again many thanks for the information and the amazing site for Toyota.

11 hours ago, Mark Revill said:

Hi Devon Aygo,

Thank you very much for your informative reply.

I have checked as you say and hoping it is good news, The software version is: 4.2.2L  The map ID is: 2014 v1

I take it from this i have the touch 2.

Again many thanks for the information and the amazing site for Toyota.

Yes that software means you have Touch & Go 2 the "L" means it is standard nav and not the "H" high grade Go Pro, all you need to upgrade is the nav extension box for a Pro version to gain the extra features so long as you have the "Voice" function button on the steering wheel.

• 5 years later...

Hi I have a Toyota Rac 4 2014 and checked my system it only shows software version as 000000 the unit is a 510014 and I would like to add a sat nav is this possible with this unit? 

• 1 year later...

Hi I have a touch plus in a 2013 rave4 model but would love a more up to date model that had ability for linking up CarPlay. I don’t really want to have mega wiring upgrades. Any ideas?

IMG_1625.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links