Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise control install Avensis T25, 1AZ-FSE

avens

Looking to retrofit cruise control for my Toyota Avensis T25 2,0 with engine code 1AZ-FSE.

I've searched around the internet, and as far as i can see, i only need to install the CC switch/arm, but i must be missing something. Is it really this simple? I find it a bit unrealistic that the factory didn't include the switch if that is the only thing missing.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

If your car has an automatic gearbox, then it is that simple. Perhaps you need to add one wire between ECU and steeringwheel spiral cable, if you don't have one yet.

If manual, the throttle should be cable operated and then installing CC switch aint gonna do it.

It's a manual gearbox, and as far as i know, my throttle is electrical.

Well i looked it up and some models with manual do have electric throttle, guess it depends on year and even witch hand drive it is.

But if you´r sure your car has a electric throttle, give it a go. But before you buy a CC switch, make sure your CC system is working.

Below you see your cars ECU wires layout. In pin 24, there should be a white wire, if not, no problem, this wire i mentioned before and it can be added. Turn ignition on and touch its pin with a earthed wire, the cruise system then receives a signal and turns on and a green Cruise light on your dash MUST light up.

Second thing is clutch pedal switch. Pin 10 should read 12 V then ignition is on. Then pressing the pedal the reading must be 0 V.

Pilt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! 

I'm in a same problem.  Are you working on it? Any good? 

On 9/20/2016 at 2:04 PM, avens said:

...I've searched around the internet, and as far as i can see, i only need to install the CC switch/arm, but i must be missing something. Is it really this simple? I find it a bit unrealistic that the factory didn't include the switch if that is the only thing missing....

Well it IS that simple on the Hybrids!  The latest (4th generation) Prius has cruise control (radar controlled, no less!) on all variants in the UK, but the Gen 3 (2009-2016) only needed the switch on models that didn't have it.  Mine was done, and as soon as the switch was fitted, everything worked.

The first generation of Prius didn't have it on any UK models, but fitting the switch (sometimes needed a new compatible steering wheel (a snip at £240!) and also a replacement brake light switch with en extra pin to cancel it when braking did the trick.  I had this done on both my Gen 1 Prius.

The Gen 2 had CC on all but the basic trim version, and that also needed the replacement brake light switch.  I had this done on one of mine too.

So it's entirely feasible that your Avensis will be that simple, as had been said, as long as the throttle is 'by wire'.

I found this,  it may helps. 

I'm not in the UK at the moment,  but when I'm back,  I'm going to try it

Spanish pdf

Are all of the 1AZ-FSE throttle working by wire? Mine is Reg 54.

On 20/09/2016 at 2:04 PM, avens said:

I've searched around the internet, and as far as i can see, i only need to install the CC switch/arm, but i must be missing something. Is it really this simple? I find it a bit unrealistic that the factory didn't include the switch if that is the only thing missing.

It is down to individual sales organisations to decide on the spec levels they want, and if Toyota GB want a certain spec not to have cruise, that's what happens. From a production viewpoint it makes sense to standardise the wiring loom, etc as much as possible. So the deletion of a switch to disable cruise, rather than having a different wiring loom could well be the cheapest and easiest way to satisfy the sales organisation where an item of equipment isn't wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where the ecu is located? I've looked in the engine bay, and under the steering wheel, but I can't seem to find it

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎. ‎09‎. ‎21‎. at 10:35 AM, ents said:

Well i looked it up and some models with manual do have electric throttle, guess it depends on year and even witch hand drive it is.

But if you´r sure your car has a electric throttle, give it a go. But before you buy a CC switch, make sure your CC system is working.

Below you see your cars ECU wires layout. In pin 24, there should be a white wire, if not, no problem, this wire i mentioned before and it can be added. Turn ignition on and touch its pin with a ‎földelt vezeték‎, the cruise system then receives a signal and turns on and a green Cruise light on your dash MUST light up.

Second thing is clutch pedal switch. Pin 10 should read 12 V then ignition is on. Then pressing the pedal the reading must be 0 V.

Pilt

Hi do you think it is work on t 27 model whic is made in 2010?

I had a cc arm install and still not working!! :(

Any idea......

thank you very much for post

10 hours ago, Joee said:

Hi do you think it is work on t 27 model whic is made in 2010?

I had a cc arm install and still not working!! :(

Any idea......

thank you very much for post

Did you check if there is a wire in pin 24 on the ECU?

On ‎2016‎. ‎11‎. ‎15‎. at 6:52 AM, ents said:

Did you check if there is a wire in pin 24 on the ECU?

i did not because i saw on this forums the ecu is hide on this model and secured closed.

And i saw some one is just install cc arm and work and some one not

Thank you anyway

• 11 months later...

Hi, 

My car is Toyota Avensis T25 2.0 VVT-i 1AZ-FSE 108 kw (145 hp) 2003 year manual gearbox.
So I did the installation, but the CC didn`t work, so I guess my throttle is not electrical.
Is it possible to install the CC if my throttle is not electrical ?
As I understood most of the 
1AZ-FSE have CC I would like to install it to my car also if possible, so please advise me what to do.

Thank you in Advance.
Vasil

Is there a cable on your throttle body or a black case? You will have to check and double check your doing it right! Make sure you earth it under the steering/leg cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy All, Russ here with 2004 1AZ-FSE Auto. I have just added the cruise control stork, but still no cruise control working :(.

My car has the electronic throttle, but i dont get a CC Light up on the dash.

Is it possible i need an extra Cruise control module?

Or is it more likely i need the extra wire at the computer.

My estate is a JDM model. (Imported used from Japan)

Thanks for your help, Russ, New Zealand.

20170819_122247.jpg

You need to follow up on the diagram on here.the ecu needs a cable from that to the steering wheel then a earth from steering wheel to ground on unpainted metal under dash.

Thanks Frankie, I misunderstood and thought that was just for the manuals. I'll go ahead and give it a go. Thanks Mate :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Frankie, Not having much luck here. Have added wire to pin 24, and touched it to ground, and tried holding it on ground. No Cruise lamp on dash, and no actual cruise control action (As lamp is probably not installed. I ASSUME running the wire 24 to steering wheel, and grounding from there is just so you can switch on and off from the steering wheel. I'm happy to switch on and off by my passenger connecting 24 to gnd to test operation.

Still no joy, and further ideas? Keen to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for your help

Russ, NZ.

• 4 years later...

Hi!

My 1AZ-Fse ECU Looks like this.

Which one is the pin 24 on E10? I found this pinout for 2az engines but mine is the same as this picture. Is it same, or which one do I need? Now I am a bit confused about these pinouts.

Thanks a lot!

835B71E2-5333-4E49-92DD-87E793AF79AC.jpeg

On 11/20/2017 at 1:38 PM, frankie406 said:

You need to follow up on the diagram on here.the ecu needs a cable from that to the steering wheel then a earth from steering wheel to ground on unpainted metal under dash.

Hi. Can you please send me your diagram?

I need it for 1az fse

Thanks a lot

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links