Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head unit fitment

Avensisphil

Hi, I have recently bought my wife a 2001 corolla, unfortunately it doesn't have a cd player. I have a head unit from the old car is there anyway of fitting it into the corolla maybe we're the tape part of the stereo is if so would a need to buy new wiring harniss 

Sorry this has probably been ask a million times just carne seem to find anything on the net only American ones

Thank you

Welcome to the forums...Just the one thread will do, though!

The answer to that question depends on what head-unit it is, what adapters it has, and what adapters you need to fit the wiring loom on the current HU. You would need to extract the current HU and see if it has any spare connectors (you'd be looking for a 5+7 pin connector) that you can hook the additional HU up to. You would then also need to splice into the power system for the current HU to give it power - but make sure you hijack power from a lead that is controlled by ignition so it doesn't flatten your Battery.

An easy, and relatively cheap option, would be to grab a half decent single-din (or double din if you can stomach the additional cost) headunit - then you can have stuff like mp3/usb/bluetooth (CD too with some, and with most double din).

Sorry didn't know I'd put two posts up

I have a jvc single din one from Halfords a double din one really wondnt fit just wondering if if would just plug in and the wife just asked if she'd lose her clock as she did in her Mazda (witch she wasn't to happy about) 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links