Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

£999 Service/MOT Offer

AlanUK

Hi All,

My better half has just treated herself to a 12 plate Yaris and the dealer offered her a 3 year deal on servicing and possibly also including MOT's, £999 I think.

Unfortunately I didn't hear all of the conversation as I was busy with something else and thought at the time I'd check it out later, but... I can't see anything of this deal/offer online.

Does anyone know of this deal and exactly what it covers?

Is it a good option to choose?

Regards

Alan

Think it depends whether the offer (possibly a dealer offer) is for two intermediate and one full service (£610 for the services), or for one intermediate and two full services (£740 for the services). MOT's - £150 or so for three?

Presumably the Yaris, being four years old, would have had a full service before delivery (?).

10 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Think it depends whether the offer (possibly a dealer offer) is for two intermediate and one full service (£610 for the services), or for one intermediate and two full services (£740 for the services). MOT's - £150 or so for three?

Presumably the Yaris, being four years old, would have had a full service before delivery (?).

Hi Frosty,

Yes it's a Toyota dealer offer... Didn't think you could get one intermediate and two full, thought the fulls were always spaced out by two intermediates.

I believe it included any parts required but not too sure, maybe pop into the dealer again at the weekend.

Any more views greatly appreciated

Services are due every 10,000 miles or every year, whichever occurs first. So if the car does less than 10,000 miles in a year, servicing should be done annually. If the car does more than 10,000 mile per year, servicing should be done on the mileage basis, every 10,000 miles.

Intermediate services are due at 1 year/10,000 miles, 3 years/30,000 miles, 5 years/50,000 miles, and so on. Full services are due at 2 years/20,000 miles, 4 years/40,000 miles, etc. So the intermediate and full services are carried out alternately.

It depends what mileage the car has done, and whether it has been serviced on the time basis (annually) or the mileage basis (every 10,000 miles). 

As it is four years old, and if it has been serviced on the time basis, it would have been due the 4 year Full service - and presumably this would have been done prior to sale (?). Given that presumption, I would assume the service plan would be for one intermediate service (at 5 years), one Full service (at 6 years), and one intermediate service (at 7 years). You need to determine what servicing it has had. 

See - https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

Further to that, Toyota has introduced their Essential Care servicing for cars over five years old (see the above link) - where one can have  the basic service (in place of the Intermediate) for £100, and the comprehensive service (in place of the Full) for £180.

All of the above prices include parts/labour.

So really, you need to find out from the dealer a) whether the car was serviced before sale and what service it had, b) whether the car to date has been serviced on the time or the mileage basis, c) which services are included within the service plan  d) whether the three services are based on Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing or Toyota's Essential Care, and e) whether MOT's are included.

Once you've determined the above, and given the info I've provided above, one can then make a judgement as to whether the service plan offered provides good value, or whether one needs to go back to the dealer, to re-negotiate. 

One thing to remember is that if one takes out a service plan, it fixes your servicing costs for the duration of the plan. Bear in mind that Toyota revised the service schedules and service costs earlier this year - so price increases, etc do occur.

• Like 1

If the dealer goes broke during the period, you've lost your money.

1 hour ago, bathtub tom said:

If the dealer goes broke during the period, you've lost your money.

Depends how one has paid for the plan.

If paying by instalments via a management company such as EMAC, one should be able to claim back any monies owed, less the cost of services carried out and probably an admin fee.

If paid by credit card and the amount is over £100, one can claim against the credit card company.

• Like 1

£999 for three services? They're having a laugh, even if it does include MOT's. Ask yourself this, would you normally go to a main dealer for your MOT?

19 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Services are due every 10,000 miles or every year, whichever occurs first. So if the car does less than 10,000 miles in a year, servicing should be done annually. If the car does more than 10,000 mile per year, servicing should be done on the mileage basis, every 10,000 miles.

Intermediate services are due at 1 year/10,000 miles, 3 years/30,000 miles, 5 years/50,000 miles, and so on. Full services are due at 2 years/20,000 miles, 4 years/40,000 miles, etc. So the intermediate and full services are carried out alternately.

It depends what mileage the car has done, and whether it has been serviced on the time basis (annually) or the mileage basis (every 10,000 miles). 

As it is four years old, and if it has been serviced on the time basis, it would have been due the 4 year Full service - and presumably this would have been done prior to sale (?). Given that presumption, I would assume the service plan would be for one intermediate service (at 5 years), one Full service (at 6 years), and one intermediate service (at 7 years). You need to determine what servicing it has had. 

See - https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

Further to that, Toyota has introduced their Essential Care servicing for cars over five years old (see the above link) - where one can have  the basic service (in place of the Intermediate) for £100, and the comprehensive service (in place of the Full) for £180.

All of the above prices include parts/labour.

So really, you need to find out from the dealer a) whether the car was serviced before sale and what service it had, b) whether the car to date has been serviced on the time or the mileage basis, c) which services are included within the service plan  d) whether the three services are based on Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing or Toyota's Essential Care, and e) whether MOT's are included.

Once you've determined the above, and given the info I've provided above, one can then make a judgement as to whether the service plan offered provides good value, or whether one needs to go back to the dealer, to re-negotiate. 

One thing to remember is that if one takes out a service plan, it fixes your servicing costs for the duration of the plan. Bear in mind that Toyota revised the service schedules and service costs earlier this year - so price increases, etc do occur.

Huge thank you FrostyBalls for such a clear and detailed response it's very much appreciated and I will call into the dealer at the weekend to find out more details regarding the plan.

But yes I full agree reference what service level the car is at will depend if this could be viable, my opinion is that it could be tight however my other half likes peace of mind with no shocks so it could well suit her.

Alan

8 hours ago, TomdeGuerre said:

£999 for three services? They're having a laugh, even if it does include MOT's. Ask yourself this, would you normally go to a main dealer for your MOT?

Well I hear what your saying ref are they having a laugh hence my due diligence with research.

I believe the plan also includes any parts required but I'm not sure and that's what I'm hoping to find out, looks like the dealer is the best person to answer the questions. I thought the deals were the same for every dealer therefore somebody here might know more detailed info.

Reference who would want to get their MOT done at a dealer, mine offers the same price as most other garages and if a car needs work doing to it you can get it done there and then with full service/repair history.

If however you're not fussed about full service/repair history then yes agree "Why go to a main dealer"

Thanks for your response;

Alan

As always "Frosty" is very accurate but one point to consider we don't know if the car is Petrol, Hybrid or a Diesel nor what mileage he car covered as these have differing service schedules

Assuming the car has just had its fourth service:

if it is a petrol or Hybrid then the next three services would be an intermediate @ £160, a Full+ @ £390 then an intermediate @ £160 ( full + is due every 6 yr/60,000 mile )

if it is a Diesel then the next three services would be an intermediate @ £160, a Full @ £290 then an intermediate @ £160 ( full + is due every 4 yr/40,000 mile )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links