Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris D4D Oil Change Interval

radders112

I'm after some advice ... my service books states for my 2010 Yaris D4D that oil change and filter carried out every 10,000 miles but keep reading in forums that owners do theirs every 5,000 - 6,000 miles.

I currently drive around 25,000 miles a year (urban roads but generally 60mph most of the way) so get my vehicle serviced every 10,000 miles.

Should I look at getting my oil and filter changed between services? I want to keep my vehicle as long as possible and use v-power fuel. I acquired the vehicle with a fsh at 44,000 miles and currently up to 55,000 miles.

The Toyota service interval is every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Some owners do choose to change oil more often and this may aid longevity- that is their choice. Whichever you do, as a minimum, make sure the oil meets Toyota's specification for your vehicle. See  

17 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Toyota service interval is every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Some owners do choose to change oil more often and this may aid longevity- that is their choice. Whichever you do, as a minimum, make sure the oil meets Toyota's specification for your vehicle. See  

Is this something you do yourself? 

No - I do around 6,000 miles per year in my Toyota so it isn't so much of an issue for me

For the driving you describe (not sat in traffic and mostly with a warm engine I'd guess) then I certainly wouldn't bother changing it more often than recommended. You'd be doing it almost every month :blink:

• Like 1

On 22/09/2016 at 5:52 PM, MikeSh said:

For the driving you describe (not sat in traffic and mostly with a warm engine I'd guess) then I certainly wouldn't bother changing it more often than recommended. You'd be doing it almost every month :blink:

Thanks for your input. Yes I cover around 2,400 miles per month and the car is rarely sat in traffic from start to finish so has a warm engine.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links