Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kikiboo

Kikiboo

New to all this but hoping someone could help, I have a 52 yaris vvti and I'm needing a headlight but all I have come across are motorised where as mine is self adjusting so what can I do and  where can I get one that fits my car? 

Any advice greatly appreciated 

Firstly there is no such "self leveling" headlight on a Yaris. Does your car have a switch on the dash to right of the steering wheel it will have the headlight symbol on it and be numbered from 0-5, if it does the you have electric level adjustment ( pretty such standard on a all Yaris in UK ) if there is no switch then you have manually adjustable headlamps.

If you PM your chassis number i can check headlamp types and give you part numbers also do you need a full lamp or maybe just a lens as some lamps have spare lenses available?

I will get chassis number in the morning, it has failed mot as they said the adjuster in the headlight itself must be broke or come off so I got a whole headlight and it's quite different to the original as it has what I think is a motor where as mine hasn't I will take a photo of both lights tomorrow if it would help explain

These are the photos of the different headlights the backs a re different the last pic is of the one that is currently in my car, vintage number is VNKKL123XOA003972

14745389631461589364411.jpg

1474539020631649732098.jpg

1474539046317649133681.jpg

Thanks for advice have now sorted the light and now do not need a replacement..

Weird one then as your chassis number shows you have a French built Yaris 1.3 CDX Manual in Blue, this a top trim spec for Yaris and when it left the factory it had Electric headlamp levelling so i can only assume at some point the lamps have been replaced using the much cheaper manual adjusting headlamps.

Do you have this switch in your dash to the right of the steering wheel?

Untitled.png

Yes it has that, but you have to manually adjust the light which I thought was strange, the light that is fitted is a depo make and when I have looked for a replacement one as I will possibly need one for next mot they all seem to be electric adjusting, that is why I was so stumped by it..

Depo is an aftermarket manufacturer and not a supplier to Toyota so as I suspected your car has had its headlamps replaced using the manual versions rather than the electric adjust as it left the factory with. 

It looks like I will probably need a replacement for next mot any suggestions as to where I can get some manual lights

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links