Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Folding door mirrors (again)

Countrylad

Hi all, I've been reading the attached thread about auto-folding the mirrors on the 1.8 Hybrid, and I'm wondering whether my 64 reg Icon Plus (1.6 VVT) can be persuaded to do the same trick?

I have the manual button, of course, but I'd ideally like the mirrors to fold when the doors are locked. But if not, when the engine is switched off would also be excellent. I think Frosty's final post suggests that the second trick can be done on some cars, but that you have to do it every time - you can't programme it. Is that right, Frosty, or have I got you wrong on that point?

TIA

you can add the auto folding on to your car using a 3rd party module

here is a link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Door-Lock-Relay-Side-Mirror-Auto-Lock-Folding-System-Modules-Connector-For-Car-/191605297838?hash=item2c9c90d2ae:g:3FYAAOSwPhdVNzqh

a guy on a honda forum has used these and they work a treat

On the first generation (2007-2012) the mirrors cannot be programmed to fold automatically. My 2012 Auris was a late model (Oct 2012) first generation which had button operated electrically folding mirrors. What I found with mine was that if the mirrors were folded, the ignition turned off and within a few second the button pressed a second time, the mirrors would fold outwards when the ignition was turned on. This operation needed to be done every time one wanted the mirrors to fold outwards when the ignition was next turned on.

With the second generation Auris (December 2012 onwards - which is the generation yours would be), some owners have been able to programme their mirrors to auto fold.

There is of course the option of using a third generation module.

Thanks very much, guys! That does sound like it might be worth exploring. :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links