Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso Service period

jasonyu

Dear all, I have verso 2014 1.6 D, how often do i need to have it for service? 12 or 24 months to keep warranty valid?

I read the owner manual and it said full service need to take every 24 month or 20000 miles, what about  'intermediate service ' , does it need to do every 12 months? Can I do it in my local garage instead ? 

thanks

Toyota service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. So if one does less than 10,000 miles per annum, one uses the time-based regime (every 12 months). If one does more than 10,000 miles per annum, one uses the mileage based regime (every 10,000 miles).

Intermediate services are due at 12 months/10,000 miles, 3 years/30,000 miles, etc. Full services are due at 2 years/20,000 miles, 4 years/40,000 miles, etc.

One can have the car serviced outside of the dealer network and retain the new car warranty, but it has to be at a VAT-registered garage, the same service intervals have to be adhered to, and parts and consumables need to be of equivalent quality. 

In the event of a warranty claim that may have been affected by servicing, the onus would be on you to prove that servicing has been carried out as per the manufacturer's schedule and parts of equivalent quality have been used. 

• Like 1

So is that mean 

first year: intermediate service

second year: full service

third year: intermediate 

fourth year: full

and so on...thanks

1 hour ago, jasonyu said:

So is that mean 

first year: intermediate service

second year: full service

third year: intermediate 

fourth year: full

and so on...thanks

Yes - at some stage a Full+ service will be due in place of the Full. See  https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

• Like 1

New Toyota's fitted with the latest 1.6 & 2.0 BMW diesel engines have a new service schedule that differs from the previous 1 year/10,000 miles they are to be serviced:

Every 1 year / 12,500 miles or when the on board service counter says so. The on board counter utilises an oil quality sensor that will advise a service based on the quality of the engine oil this can be as early as 7000 miles if the car is used for short stop/start trips or subject to extended periods of engine idling. 

So based on the above, servicing could due as quick as 7000 miles but never longer than 12,500 miles or 1 year

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links