Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla verso 2.2 d4d rattle on turn off

Danny1984

Hi all,

yet another problem iv noticed on the verso.

i have noticed as I turn off the car after parking etc, there is a second long rattle as the engine stops...

sounds to me like it's low down from the bottom of the engine.

any ideas??

Sounds like it could be the Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) they can sound quite ominous.

Is your engine idle speed too high? Does it sound like the engine is trying to run on when you turn the switch off?. If there was trouble with the pump shutting fuel off then it would generate fault code(s). Does this engine use a lot of oil?

Are engine mounts OK? Broken, soft/swollen rubbers or badly fitted can cause noise both when running and when stopping engine. Have a look at this video about chaning Denso fuel pump, I think it's about 1.18 you'll see one of the mounts being removed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0BmnBgwL-I&feature=youtu.be

• 4 weeks later...

Hi          sounds like dual mass flywheel  ...making it sure if it that is very easy.  Press and hold the clutch paddle then switch it off .if it doesn't make noise it is the flywheel .if it still does it then it can be alternator bcoz it carries a clutch pully... 

Guys if I hold down clutch the sound is still there...

noticed not every time tho, also sounds very tinny the sound, is there a heat shield low down that could be the problem??