Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2016 Tourer sharks fin aerial

Terry Parrott

I picked up my 2016 Auris Sport Tourer the other day trading in a 2014 model. The 2014 model had a normal "whip" aerial with great reception on FM and DAB. The new 2016 has a sharks fin aerial, though looking good the reception on both FM, DAB and TMC (Traffic Message Channel for sta nav road information) is atrocious.

Is it just me or have others experienced the same?

Don't seem to have any other posts on this subject for the post facelift model. Get it checked by the dealer.

37 minutes ago, Terry Parrott said:

I picked up my 2016 Auris Sport Tourer the other day trading in a 2014 model. The 2014 model had a normal "whip" aerial with great reception on FM and DAB. The new 2016 has a sharks fin aerial, though looking good the reception on both FM, DAB and TMC (Traffic Message Channel for sta nav road information) is atrocious.

Is it just me or have others experienced the same?

I agree, DAB reception is poor with constant drop outs, cannot comment on TMC as use traffic over the Internet.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, my previous Auris had much better reception on DAB.

Currently have no dab signal on face lift  auris .its in the dealers Monday. 

I had a Nextbase 402-G dash cam which was destroying my DAB reception. I proved this by looking at the DAB transmitter coverage maps with the dash cam switched off. The 12V USB adapter I had plugged into the 12V socket was also not helping. Nextbase initially sent me some ferrite cores to connect to the dash cam power lead, and though improved it wasn't correct DAB reception. I got Nextbase to replace my dash cam to a newer model and with a new 12V USB adapter my DAB is back to normal.

It's very bad Toyota design to have the DAB aerial in the windscreen. Its a very poor DAB aerial and its location on the windscreen is abysmal. A side window would have been better.

Had Toyota out to my car and they found the cause of poor DAB was due to the usb charger plugged in.

Try this DAB/absolute 80's with usb pluged in drive around and it will keep dropping out,.remove usb and it will be fine.

If this is the case use a differant usb charger these are the ones i now use with no problems HERE

I have Thinkware F750 front & rear cameras, the rear one caused problems with DAB until I rerouted it's cable. Now I get drop outs and loss of signal, so I tried some ferrite filters that clip over the cable. I fitted one near the the cigarette lighter power adaptor and one near the camera on the power and the rear camera cable, I was quite surprised that it actually made a big improvement - no loss off signal and much fewer drop outs.

Had dealer look at the DAB as had no signal,couldn't find anything wrong  with it. 

But now have signal and 13 pages of station to choose from