Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear box oil change

thom1983

Hi all, was wondering how tough this would be? Is it something I could manage on my drive with the car on some axel stands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did this last week... Remove the lower n/s shield to give access. Make sure the filler bolt can be removed before draining - 22mm socket.

The simplest way to refil is by decanting the new oil into 500ml cartons which have 'trunk' hoses attched. These can refil from below or above and can be squeezed to speed up the refil process. 

My car was on axle stands with the front wheel off for access to remove the under shield. Therefore at a slightly incline.  Before replacing the under shields lower the vehicle so that it's level to confirm the transmission is correctly filled - jack back up and replace the shield. The original fixings are delicate and you may need to replace some. These can be sourced on eBay or from the dealer (or use cable ties). 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181915940873

These beauties have yet to arrive to replace the damaged clips - I had both sides off as I did an oil change at the same time - there's now a couple missing and others are damaged. 

• Like 3

Cheers fella, thinking of doing all fluids before the weather turns. Might even flush the rad. Did notice I could see the bottom of the fly wheel while underneath, is that normal?!

Usually there is a plastic shield which covers the lower portion of the transmission bell housing. There was a recent post from a member who also had it missing. 

This might help:-

Cheers fella, going to see if I can use the ramps at my local garage to do it...had her in for four new tyres this morning...expensive month!!

1da3d36a8fcbe8af05add534f1d511ae.jpg