Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

yaris gone,now have Auris hybrid

spen2811

The yaris has been replaced with a auris hybrid excel  hatchback  2016,picked it up on Monday 

Very easy to drive compared to the yaris.

Anything to look out for

One thing to look for is changing your profile to reflect the Auris ......

Had my 2016 Hybrid Excel for a few days, it replaced the same model from 2014.

Early impressions are not that positive to be honest. I loved my previous model (had to replace for an unavoidable reason) it was effortless to drive and yielded very good fuel consumption.

Now, I know it's early days but the new car feels so heavy and sluggish in comparison, I don't know whether it is indeed heavier or whether it just feels that way, I doubt if the space saver tyre would have any impact. I'm also finding the seat very uncomfortable, digging into my left hand side. MPG is a bit of a struggle too, journeys where I could easily get around 65 mpg (eco drive level) I am not getting much better than 58mpg in the new car.

Hopefully, with time, the car will loosen up and become as enjoyable to drive as the old one.

On a positive, it looks great with the facelift changes.

Simon

On 25/09/2016 at 9:43 PM, spen2811 said:

Anything to look out for

pedestrians who havent heard you & shoppers in supermarket carparks with trollies

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Simon Edmonds said:

Had my 2016 Hybrid Excel for a few days, it replaced the same model from 2014.

Early impressions are not that positive to be honest. I loved my previous model (had to replace for an unavoidable reason) it was effortless to drive and yielded very good fuel consumption.

Now, I know it's early days but the new car feels so heavy and sluggish in comparison, I don't know whether it is indeed heavier or whether it just feels that way, I doubt if the space saver tyre would have any impact. I'm also finding the seat very uncomfortable, digging into my left hand side. MPG is a bit of a struggle too, journeys where I could easily get around 65 mpg (eco drive level) I am not getting much better than 58mpg in the new car.

Hopefully, with time, the car will loosen up and become as enjoyable to drive as the old one.

On a positive, it looks great with the facelift changes.

Simon

Have you checked the tyre pressures?

When i picked up my present car from the dealer the tyres were grossly under inflated. That could explain the heavy feeling and poor economy.

Some bright spark had put the 2 michelin tyres on the off side and 2 nexus on the near side. 

Tyre places are just as bad for not inflating tyres to the correct pressure.

I have mine set to the motorway pressure, 

14 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

Have you checked the tyre pressures?

When i picked up my present car from the dealer the tyres were grossly under inflated. That could explain the heavy feeling and poor economy.

Some bright spark had put the 2 michelin tyres on the off side and 2 nexus on the near side. 

Tyre places are just as bad for not inflating tyres to the correct pressure.

I have mine set to the motorway pressure, 

I haven't checked them, visually they look fine and there is no warning light on but will check. Thanks

No not checked them yet will do at the weekend,when it has a clean, unless raining

Checked today as tyre pressure  light was on when got into the car this morning  all about 25-27 instead of 33

33? I've never have mine below 40

Is that according to the manual?

Mine says 36 for motorway, since I don't have the tpms, I have the FoboTire bluetooth system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked on the inside of the drivers door there a little sticker that tells the pressures

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

Is that according to the manual?

Mine says 36 for motorway, since I don't have the tpms, I have the FoboTire Bluetooth system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sticker in the door. It says 38 for motorway driving on mine. But various threads on here have suggested higher is more economical and I've found that too. I think too much above 40 and it gets a bit too harsh.

Going excessively high will (apart from anything else) lead to the tyres wearing faster in the middle than at the sides and thus premature baldness! 

However, anywhere in the recommended range should be fine (and safe). Within that range, higher will give more fuel economy but also noise and harshness. Outside the recommended range you will also find that the grip suffers, and so for public road use, legality and insurance validity comes into question. Which is why I wouldn't advise straying outside the officially recommended range. 

Load carrying (as well as high average speed) is a usual manufacturer-cited reason for increasing tyre pressures. But Toyota don't mention it in my manual. 

If I remember correctly, my 195/65 x 15 shod Auris Hybrid owners manual gives a 33 psi tyre pressure figure, and then gives 36 psi as an 'ECO' tyre pressure.

But, in the Lexus CT200h owners manual (so same weight, power), for 195/65 x 15 tyres it also recommends 33 psi tyre pressure, but then gives 39 psi as the 'ECO' tyre pressure.

And that is on a car (the CT200h) with already firm suspension. Odd.

Will stick to 33 just waiting to get the DAB fixed now.not going in until 17th October

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links