Do Not Sell My Personal Information

B9004 Sat Nav not reading

Doctornick

I'm trying to play Spotify on my iPhone through the satnav/head unit- B9004 in 2008 Rav4 XT5

I installed a Connect2 that inputs into the CD changer and comes out as a 3.5mm jack.

But when I reconnected the Battery the SatNav won't boot & says: "A program cannot be read. Please consult to a dealer" 

I've tried using a DVD cleaning disc, checking the internal connections & ribbons, cleaning the lens. This happened before when the Battery died & after a few months the radio started working.

What can I do?

Should I install an aftermarket head unit? I want to spend as little as possible.

Help greatly appreciated! I'm getting really frustrated!

does this use an SD card? If so it probably has a corrupt file. There is a chap, Tarquin, in the IQ forum who seems a dab hand with a similar problem on their head units.

Thanks! No there's no SD card as far as I can see. It seems to boot up from the maps DVD.

I'll search for Tarquin.

probably the same cause a corrupt/damaged/unreadable file. is the DVD scratched at all?

thanks, few scratches but nothing major, it stays in the head unit so there's not a lot of wear and tear. maybe I could burn the files onto a DVD? I've asked Tarquin/David...

• 2 weeks later...

Took it to a reliable indy garage. They had it all day scratching their heads. Finally got it working by disconnecting Battery & leaving for 30 min before reconnecting!