Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.8 radiator replacement

experiax10

Been told my car radiator has a small leak in, so trying to find a replacement. Toyota quoted me 500 quid for a new one and to fit it. They are having a laugh no chance. I've found cheaper on the internet but it says they don't come with the filler neck. Anyone know if this actually makes a difference or would i have to buy an exact OEM? I won't use the stop leak products from Halfords etc, read some bad reviews about them eventually causing bigger problems.

If your radiator is anything like the following link, then the you just disconnect the hose between the old radiator and the filler. 

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2007/yaris-jpp/zsp90r-agmvkw/2_112520_011_315W/tool-engine-fuel/1603_radiator-water-outlet/1#16502

I agree about using the stop leaks. Last time I changed a radiator on my old Avensis, it did come with a drain key, but obviously no filler cap. Just make sure you fill with premixed coolant. That is all I ever put in my car. I got mine from Euro Car Part when I bought the new radiator. 

It is nice satisfying job when done, especially after that dealer quote.

Thanks mate for replying. Was it easy enough to swap? Any difference with no filler cap? Loads of vids on youtube looks simple enough.

I have not done a radiator on a Yaris, but I did do my old Avensis 2 years ago.

Read my reply to the following post and you will see my photos of the swap.  

It was easy to get at most of the fixings on the Avensis. Once the radiator is out, it is a matter of swapping the parts over from the old rad' to the new. For you that means moving the filler over. I had to swap the cap, fans, but I think it came with a drain plug. The Yaris might have a tighter access. Make sure you undo the fan power supply! 

As i said before get pre-mix coolant.