Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ABS ECU

Passim

Hi

I have a 1.3 IQ3, 2009 plate. I have ABS and VSC warning lights on along with MIL and VSC OFF lights as well. I have been through all the wiring and connectors and all check out. I have Tachyon diagnostics which showed that the rear right wheel sensor was not working. Since the wheel bearing was a bit rough I replaced the hub. After that the rear right sensor was working but suddenly the rear left stopped recording. So I replaced the rear left hub, alas I still don't have a reading from the rear left wheel. I am recording different voltage readings between the left and right circuits.

I have to conclude there is a fault in the brake ECU.

I have two questions; first does anybody know of a company that will repair the IQ brake ECU, alternatively does anybody know if you can fit a used ABS/ ECU unit or are these coded to the car?

Regards

Passim

Have you thought about approaching your local Toyota dealer for some help Bill? Mine's been as good as gold and I didn't even buy my iQ from them....just a thought. I'm sorry I haven't the knowledge to give you a better answer.

Gerry

Thanks for the reply but;

Unfortunately I live a long way from the dealers, those I have been to in the past have not inspired me with their knowledge about or their ability to work on IQs. All they want to do is replace extremely expensive parts, without very much justification.

Cheers

Bill

Mike

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give them a call. I have found that a lot of such companies have little knowledge of the IQ and no experience of the ECUs and therefore no specific data for the testing.

Rav4 club members have used ECU Testing previously with success.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, ECUTesting have had the ABS pump but sent it back because they cannot even test it let alone repair it. Spinspeed also replied that they can't test it.

Gues it will have to be a second hand unit and see if that sorts it.

• 1 month later...

Here is an update in the ABS ECU problems, in case anyone else is interested.

I sent my faulty ABS pump to an outfit in Bournemouth who claimed to be able to work with ADVICS components. Unfortunately I told them what the fault was. They came back quoting the fault I told them about and said they could not clear it, the pump would need a new circuit board at £295. Internet reviews of the firm are very bad, I didn't read them before I sent the pump to them. I decided not to follow up the new board and had them send back the pump, cost me £80 for the diagnostic and carriage.

A Toyota dealer came back to me in the meantime and confirmed that ABS pumps can be moved between vehicles. So having fitted a secondhand pump I gave the car to the garage to reconfigure the ABS ECU. Cost £176 to have brakes bled and new fluid and sort out the ECUs. Job done, car MOTed and back on the road. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links