Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota IQ auto door locking

PATD

I have a 2013 IQ all the cars i have had over the past 15 years have had auto door locking at around 10 mph,  I have had a look around on here some one said you can get a type of unit that fits into the Diagnostic plug under the dash that will auto lock the doors, Has any body bought one of these and has it worked,,  I did find the suppiler on the internet the unit looked the part and was only £15  I would just like to confirm if it will work and not cause any damage...  Thanks....

Hello Patrick - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the IQ club.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PATD said:

I have a 2013 IQ all the cars i have had over the past 15 years have had auto door locking at around 10 mph,  I have had a look around on here some one said you can get a type of unit that fits into the Diagnostic plug under the dash that will auto lock the doors, Has any body bought one of these and has it worked,,  I did find the suppiler on the internet the unit looked the part and was only £15  I would just like to confirm if it will work and not cause any damage...  Thanks....

Hi,

I've one since 2014.

Still working perfectly!!

• Like 1

I think i got mine in 2013 and works perfectly. If using in an auto model then you have to put it out of drive to unlock the doors

David

• Like 1

Good Afternoon Tarquin,. Thank you for your reply,.  Can i ask you a couple of questions please..                My IQ is standard with Automatic with no modifications when i drive of i will lock the doors from the drivers side and that's o.k. But when i stop and my wife wants to get out if she pulls the handle nothing happens the door won't open she has to flip the little catch with the red sticker to open the door..               Before you fitted the auto locking did yours work the same way..                                                                         Second Questions if i may...... Will you give me a run down on how your locking sequence works.                As in Start in Park move to Drive .... Then etc etc....   Did you buy yours from China or did you source one in the uk... How long did take to arrive and how much.. Sorry to go on so long i will appreciate any help you can give... Thanks for you help....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links