Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Celica with new noise

DANNY1210

Hi all I am a new and proud member of Toyota club, and bought my very own Celica vvti 1.8ltr around 4 months ago. The car has been very well looked after, interior and exterior and the engine etc is all in great condition. However, apart from the catalytic converter needing replacing, this morning on the way to work (I drive around 90 miles a day to and from work via the A30) I started to hear a weird kinda noise and when I went under the underpass after the motorway which is when I started to notice it, after I came off the motorway, from the back drivers side wheel area I believe but of course you cant be 100% sure unless you are a mechanic. It doesn't get louder the faster I go (speed limit being 30mph in the area I noticed it) just faster the faster I go, a little like a whirling noise, at one point I thought maybe it could be the underguard scraping the floor but it appeared fine when I stopped. Maybe it could be a bearing but to say I am worried is an understatement as I absolutely Love my celica and want to keep it in great condition being a Japanese import in good condition with 92k on the clock. Can anyone give me any advice please? It also hunts a little at times when I come to a stand still, not all the time though. Thank you guys appreciate it!!

Hello Danny - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Post moved to the Celica club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links