Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine warning light

audio

RAV4 VX 2002 diesel manual - had the engine warning light glow when on the motorway yesterday, Friday, and lost 80 percent of power, it was like the hand brake being on

No back fire or other noises

Pulled / crept into a safe parking area that luckily appeared in a few yards, checked oil levels and contacts

Thankfully (good Toyota! ) it started again without the light and I was able to completed my journey :) NO problems

But I will go to the garage monday to get a diagnostic

I do not think anyone can tell what it is without the computer check but I write this message

in case anyone has any advice  Thank you 

Worth buying yourself a cheap code reader off eBay for around £10-£15 as the fault code is probably still there until cleared. You can plug it in and see what fault code you have and take it from there also you can clear the fault and see if it comes back , worth the money imo. Hope you get it sorted .

Cheaper to get the reader than, let Mr T read it and tell you how much its going to cost.

The worst that you code do is clear the code before you have read it, but odds on it will be back.