Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2017 Toyota Prius PHV - Video

trev0006

I'm coming to the opinion that it would be both easy and reasonably cheap for Toyota to add that electric motor's clutch (and the appropriately revised software) to all their future HSD-equipped vehicles. 

The user benefit of a more powerful electric motor (without having to fit one) must quite dramatically transform the 'EV Mode" and (green light on) EV Running experience. 

Truly more and better synergy. 

I want it! But I do fully realise that I'm going to have to wait quite a while before such 'HSD2' vehicles first appear, and then come down to my budget! 

7 minutes ago, Beekeeper D said:

I'm coming to the opinion that it would be both easy and reasonably cheap for Toyota to add that electric motor's clutch (and the appropriately revised software) to all their future HSD-equipped vehicles. 

With the next generation Yaris being due next year, and the next generation Auris in 2018'ish, it may be closer than you think

1 hour ago, Beekeeper D said:

The user benefit of a more powerful electric motor (without having to fit one) must quite dramatically transform the 'EV Mode" and (green light on) EV Running experience. 

I want it! But I do fully realise that I'm going to have to wait quite a while before such 'HSD2' vehicles first appear, and then come down to my budget! 

I wonder if both motors are used for regen now they are both used for driving. I did see a youtube video, with 2 guys and laptop. Showing a software hack doing the same thing on a older prius. They were driving at 70 in Ev. basicaly the Ice was being driven when you use B going down a step hill (no fuel being burnt).

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

With the next generation Yaris being due next year, and the next generation Auris in 2018'ish, it may be closer than you think

OOps you said Battery warning instead of Battery warming :dry:

17 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

OOps you said battery warning instead of battery warming :dry:

Wasn't me ....

In the mean time, I am glad that I took the plunge and bought my present hybrid. I like giving people lift, and seeing there reaction to the engine turning off and the car keeps going.

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Beekeeper D said:

It might be too much of a strain on the standard HV Battery. But then if they added this and a bigger HV Battery, then you've got the PHV without a plug. I can't see Toyota going for it as it may affect the sales of the Prime.

18 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

OOps you said battery warning instead of battery warming :dry:

Toyota did in their blog. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links