Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lower cost replacement Sun Visor

IanML

I thought I would start a new topic on this, as my original reply is buried in a topic on start up problem, so here it is:

Originally Posted Thursday at 05:22 PM (edited) ·

New RAV4 2005 owner here.  I have the same driver's side visor problem, and have just got a reasonable price solution (well, comparatively reasonable).

I have fitted Part No 74310 - 42330 - B0.  The only differences to the original (74310 - 42360 - B0) are:

The mirror does not have a light (not something I care about) and the warning messages are written in Japanese.  This is a JDM part, so I looked up a couple of Japanese suppliers - prices low, but freight charges high and you'd probably get hit by customs.  Just for a laugh, I asked my local Toyota dealer, and he said he could order it.  He got it in three days, so it must have been held in some central store in UK - impressive.

It's brand new, of course, so looks just right (same grey colour) and works perfectly.  There are at least two other colours -  74310-42260-A0 in ivory, and  74310-42260-B0 in light bluish grey, but I don't know if those are stocked in UK.  Link here

EDIT:  Forgot to say price - £40.52 plus local (Jersey) 5% sales tax.  I guess that would be 20% for mainland residents.

Edited by IanML
corrected title
  • Like 1

If this is true then it sounds like the holy grail of RAV parts solved if it comes in at anything under £100! Don't know if you can post a picture for everyone to compare it but does the replacement look like this (same fitting etc.) - I've got a 3dr RAV4, think it's the MK2 facelift 2005 (with the round driving lamps in the bumper). If this is the same visor but without a light then I'm definitely phoning my local Toyota dealer to find out if they can order the part!

IMG_20160226_123659171_HDR.jpg

It looks exactly the same (size, shape and colour), only the light and the white plastic plug on the securing fitting are absent.  It is  secured exactly the same as the original - the two screws - just use the original ones.

My car is also a 2005 with round foglamps in the bumper.  Its a 5 door (ACA21), but, as you can see from the link, the part fits ACA2#, so that includes the 3 door (ACA20).

DSC01471.JPG

DSC01470.JPG

Edited by IanML
Added model info.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info,have just fitted the replacement part.

Paul.

On 10/3/2016 at 2:16 PM, IanML said:

It looks exactly the same (size, shape and colour), only the light and the white plastic plug on the securing fitting are absent.  It is  secured exactly the same as the original - the two screws - just use the original ones.

My car is also a 2005 with round foglamps in the bumper.  Its a 5 door (ACA21), but, as you can see from the link, the part fits ACA2#, so that includes the 3 door (ACA20).

DSC01471.JPG

DSC01470.JPG

Nice one Ian, it is posts like this which make this club a good place to be in

Del

Just a bit too late for me :( Bought a new one in August and paid the £170+ for it! The guys in the parts department couldnt believe the price!!

I guess with things like this, you do your best on the day and, once spent, the cost fades into the past..... until you see a thread like this :)

Sorry to have rained on your parade, Richard, but console yourself that you do not have to suffer an unintelligible warning sign, and you can enjoy the light whenever you want :smile:

I must confess a sneaky feeling of envy that you have a completely original car, but the money saved more than covers the cost of a Yatour USB/SD Card interface for the audio system, so I have that consolation.

Just wanted to confirm that I've fitted this part to my own 3dr RAV - had it on for a week now, used it a couple of times and it works a treat - in time for winter too, that notoriously sunny time of the year. :laugh:

Thanks Ian, this was a great save, even my local Toyota dealer said he'd taken a note of the number for other customers - top work, appreciated!

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2016 at 9:43 PM, IanML said:

I thought I would start a new topic on this, as my original reply is buried in a topic on start up problem, so here it is:

Originally Posted Thursday at 05:22 PM (edited) ·

New RAV4 2005 owner here.  I have the same driver's side visor problem, and have just got a reasonable price solution (well, comparatively reasonable).

I have fitted Part No 74310 - 42330 - B0.  The only differences to the original (74310 - 42360 - B0) are:

The mirror does not have a light (not something I care about) and the warning messages are written in Japanese.  This is a JDM part, so I looked up a couple of Japanese suppliers - prices low, but freight charges high and you'd probably get hit by customs.  Just for a laugh, I asked my local Toyota dealer, and he said he could order it.  He got it in three days, so it must have been held in some central store in UK - impressive.

It's brand new, of course, so looks just right (same grey colour) and works perfectly.  There are at least two other colours -  74310-42260-A0 in ivory, and  74310-42260-B0 in light bluish grey, but I don't know if those are stocked in UK.  Link here

EDIT:  Forgot to say price - £40.52 plus local (Jersey) 5% sales tax.  I guess that would be 20% for mainland residents.

I am so happy I found this topic, THANK YOU IanML. I have searched on and off for three years for a driver's side sun visor for my 2004 Rav4. I was wary of used ones on eBay at £80++.

I ordered this in my local dealer yesterday, it arrived overnight, fitted this morning.  The official one with the light was about £220, this one cost me £61.37 including UK tax. I don't understand why Toyota don't make this an option when someone enquires about a visor, they are obviously stocked in the UK and a lot of people like me who baulk at paying £220 foir a visor, woulkd buy this model immediately!.Now another Toyota dealer now knows they can offer this to their customers, another bonus!

• 1 year later...

may i ask in what store did you bought your sun visor sir.currently im looking online exactly what you have.pls help thx:-)

On 10/24/2018 at 12:57 AM, IanML said:

:thumbsup:

hi sir alan....may i ask in what store did you bought your sun visor (Part No 74310 - 42330 ).currently im looking online exactly what you have.pls help....pls reply in my email....dadotersona60@gmail.com thx:-)

• 11 months later...

Hi, bit late to this thread.   

Recently bought a 2004 Rav 4 5 door, and it is suffering from the dreaded droppy drivers sun visor.   I've actually removed it at the moment.  Have tried a repair and no joy.

Read this thread with interest since I'm not fussed about a light for the mirror (or the mirror!) and looking for a cheap replacement.   I've done a search on the part number and it gets listed as either for 2005-2012 rav 4's (and looks different) such as  https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-rav-4/toyota-rav-4-mk-3/rav-mk-3-exterior-interior/toyota-rav-4-2005-2012-drivers-sun-visor/ , or comes up on places like eBay as being for a 2005 - 2012 tacoma?

Can you confirm the part number (74310-42330-B0) or has it been superceeded now?

Thanks.

It IS the correct part no for the mk2, but maybe it is also be used on other models.

Anyway, I can assure you that my Toyota dealer ordered that part no, and it was the correct part for my mk2.

Also see here and here.

You can provide the part no to a Toyota dealer, and ask him to confirm that it is applicable to the mk2 (ACA2#) - his database can do a lookup of model applicability from part no.

Thanks - I'll go visit the dealer and see if they will order it for me.

• 2 months later...

Been to my local dealer to see about ordering this part, but they were pretty useless even when I provided the part number.   Couldn't find it?   They found the original part number (going by the reg number as usual).

Is there anywhere online selling these?   Toyota parts online seem to list it as a mk3 visor for reason, and even though it seems to be the same part number the pic doesn't look right.  https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-rav-4/toyota-rav-4-mk-3/rav-mk-3-exterior-interior/toyota-rav-4-2005-2012-drivers-sun-visor/

Others seemed to have success getting the part from uk dealers and saving on delivery/import costs.   

I've just tried ordering from amayama and my request is currently under review.   Looks to be a 3rd part intermediary/imported rather than a dealer.     Delivery was listed as a few days - with a caveat after placing the order that due to reduced flights could take 2 to 6 weeks+ to be delivered.  

Seems like the SKU number on that toyota parts direct page is in error then.

Oh well, will see what happens.

Does the 2006-2009 (mk3) visor fit at all?    Checking pics the clips look different on the mount but can always swap the bracket over from the original since only held on with a circlip.    Plenty of new and aftermarket ones listed on eBay for mk3.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up buying one from a US seller via eBay - although slight mix up.   It was actually part 74310-42370-B0 that was listed although did say it was without the mirror light for Rav 4.   

Turns out it fits fine, although a little thicker and has a plastic slide out panel on left side of visor.   Not sure what that's for - perhaps to block rear view mirror if sun is low from behind?   

Oh well, does the job.  

The sliding panel is probably to extend the visor rearwards when it is swung across to block the light from the RHS.

I wish we had the extenable visor in the UK it would be particularly useful right now when the low sun can be very blinding. 

Just be glad you have a normally functioning visor! :laugh: 

Mine only opens all the way or at 90 degrees - Want to stilt it back slightly? Nope! Just snaps back to one of those positions!