Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel capacity

Jtustin

What Is  the capacity of Auris fuel  tank as manual states 45 l but I've heard 9.9 gallons which is 50l 

Who told you 9.9 gallons?

According to my calculations 9.9 UK gallons works out to 45 litres (9.9 × 4.546 = 45.0054)

• Like 1

& 9.9 US gallons would be 37.5 litres

• Like 1

I believe Toyota that it is 45 litres. 

However, refuelling shortly after the fuel warning light comes on, so far I've not managed to get more than 39 litres into it. I think that is just a measure of Toyota's cautious early warning! 

Sorry think I do need to rework my metric conversion! 

Will we revert to Imperial measurements post-Brexit - fluid ounces, gills, pints, quarts and gallons?

No! Not the groats and shillings too!! Aaaaa!!!

Does anybody here have a 1.6 sr? Just wondering how many miles u get from a full tank roughly? My friends got a 2litre deisel, he gets 550 miles from a full tank mainly motorway driving. I put my first full tank in today in my 1.6 sr, the range screen on the gauge cluster said 311. How accurate is it? 

The range displayed excludes the reserve that Toyota allows for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The range displayed excludes the reserve that Toyota allows for.

How many litres are in the reserve?

2 hours ago, ammar_a said:

How many litres are in the reserve?

going by Beekeeper D's post ~6 litres (45-39)

12 hours ago, ammar_a said:

Does anybody here have a 1.6 sr? Just wondering how many miles u get from a full tank roughly? My friends got a 2litre deisel, he gets 550 miles from a full tank mainly motorway driving. I put my first full tank in today in my 1.6 sr, the range screen on the gauge cluster said 311. How accurate is it? 

you aren't going to get 550 from a petrol. Exactly how much you get will depend upon the journey profile, your driving style, tyres etc. & how low you are prepared to go on the fuel before refilling.

• Like 1

We had a 1.6 TR and IIRC we got a bit over 300 miles from a tank til the light came on.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

going by Beekeeper D's post ~6 litres (45-39)

you aren't going to get 550 from a petrol. Exactly how much you get will depend upon the journey profile, your driving style, tyres etc. & how low you are prepared to go on the fuel before refilling.

Yeah I wasn't expecting anything near 550 from it. Was just wondering how much of a difference there is between the 2. 

45 l for sure! I recently got 916 km out of a tank and fuel was pretty low, At the gas station it took 41,2 liters,

I've found that the Auris hybrid has a 45liter tank where as the rest of the range I believe has a 50litre tank 

26 minutes ago, chrismorrow said:

I've found that the Auris hybrid has a 45liter tank where as the rest of the range I believe has a 50litre tank 

Not quite as straightforward as that -

First generation non-hybrid (2007-2012) - 55 litres

Second generation non-hybrid (December 2012 onwards) - 50 litres

First and second generation hybrid (2010-2012 and December 2012 onwards) - 45 litres