Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen3 Prius recall letter

johalareewi

Just checked our Prius. It is a fuel tank recall for our Prius. Have been advised to have the fuel level at a quarter of a tank or lower; they will not do it if the tank is full.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chris Dance said:

Just checked our Prius. It is a fuel tank recall for our Prius. Have been advised to have the fuel level at a quarter of a tank or lower; they will not do it if the tank is full.

This is a safety precaution to ensure fuel does not leak from the tank whilst the suction tube is removed, hence a low fuel level is required this is a mandatory part of the bulletin  :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Chris Dance said:

Chris - can I ask, have you received a recall letter yet, or, at least, how did you find out the reason for a recall? All the Recall Checker tells me is that mine has an outstanding safety recall or subject to a voluntary customer service campaign.

Still not received anything from my dealer yet, though they told me a couple of months or so ago that I would hear from them in due course. I'm just wondering if my letter has gone to the previous owner.....

Give your dealer a call, they will be able to tell you whats what. Parts are available for the suction pipe, they will book it in for you :thumbsup:

• Like 1

My 2013 plugin is booked in for the fuel recall next week.  Dealer didn't mention about running the fuel tank down.  Could be tricky with a plugin.

Update:

Just checked with my dealer and they said less than half full will be ok for them.

2 hours ago, Duffryn said:

how did you find out the reason for a recall? All the Recall Checker tells me is that mine has an outstanding safety recall or subject to a voluntary customer service campaign.

Just rang my dealer, and been told that my recall is for the charcoal canister to be exchanged. Seems a bit odd, how many different recalls are there out there? Anyways, parts ordered and will call me again to arrange to have car in. 

4 minutes ago, Duffryn said:

how many different recalls are there out there? 

Tell me about it :crybaby::crybaby: If you take into account air bags.......an awful lot!  The good thing is though that Toyota do not shirk on recalls, and that is good to know, that they are actually looking after their customers 

• Like 1

Duffryn, l rang the local dealer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had the fuel canister recall done last week.  Car now smells nicely of petrol. Hopefully it will fade soon. :(

Dealer says that fuel fumes are a problem while they do the recall work (especially for them in the workshop).

We have one tech doing these all day today, my office is right next to the workshop :crybaby: 

2 hours ago, Parts-King said:

We have one tech doing these all day today, my office is right next to the workshop :crybaby: 

:blowup:

2 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Lets hope not :lol: 

Then move your damn office P-K, we need you!

Fuel smell shouldn't last in the car so if you can still smell it there is an issue or its been spilled everywhere. A good way to check is to fill the tank up to full and have a quick look underneath for any drips. If something is dripping, the ring is either not fitted correctly or the unit is not located correctly in the tanks recess.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Received my Charcoal canister recall letter yesterday - bit late especially as I sold the car beginning of March.

12 minutes ago, aCactus said:

Received my Charcoal canister recall letter yesterday - bit late especially as I sold the car beginning of March.

Toyota, as with any manufacturer involved in a DVSA recall, are reliant on owner information supplied by DVLA. As far as I'm aware this is supplied once, and is not updated, so there will be instances where ownership has changed, cars are written off, etc, and what are now previous owners receive recall letters.

There should be something on the letter saying who you can notify if you have sold the car.

17 minutes ago, johalareewi said:

There should be something on the letter saying who you can notify if you have sold the car.

That's right - the one I received in February for the Curtain Airbag recall on my old Gen 3 Prius had a tear-off strip on the bottom, and also a QR code that allowed the advice to be made on line if you're able to scan the code.

As I'd traded the car in I asked my salesman if he wanted to pass it on, but he advised me to give the DVLA the dealer details so that it would stay 'in the system'.

23 hours ago, PeteB said:

he advised me to give the DVLA the dealer details so that it would stay 'in the system'.

That's what I did with my traded in gen3 prius.  I gave the DVLA the dealer's details.

On 25/04/2017 at 9:33 AM, johalareewi said:

There was a tear off strip and pre-paid envelope (or QR code but no direct web address) for new owner dertails so I sent it back with dealers info

Got an SMS about a safety recall for my PiP today, doesn't state if its the airbag or fuel tank recalls which I've read about however. Need to call the dealer.

My money is on the fuel canister.