Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen3 Prius recall letter

johalareewi

Today I received an email from Toyota about the charcoal canister recall - there was a link to follow if no longer the owner so filled in dealers info again, don't understand why they couldn't provide link with the letter as it must have been in the QR code. I suppose they expect everyone to have a smart phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it a legal requirement to have recall items completed? What if an owner refused to have recall work done, then sold the car, and then that person had an accident or suffered injury/death due to the work not being done?? No thanks!

6 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Isn't it a legal requirement to have recall items completed? What if an owner refused to have recall work done, then sold the car, and then that person had an accident or suffered injury/death due to the work not being done?? No thanks!

It is up to the driver to have the recall done, you cannot be forced to do it, it is in your own interests. How can Toyota be at fault if you refuse to have it done? At least there is a code of practice in the motor industry, buy white goods, they can burn your house down but don't have to inform you directly that it could happen!!

Just now, Parts-King said:

It is up to the driver to have the recall done, you cannot be forced to do it, it is in your own interests. How can Toyota be at fault if you refuse to have it done? At least there is a code of practice in the motor industry, buy white goods, they can burn your house down but don't have to inform you directly that it could happen!!

I was thinking could the previous owner be liable; they knew, and refused. It's like knowing any other item is defective and ignoring it (tyres for example).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8 May 2017 at 5:39 PM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I was thinking could the previous owner be liable; they knew, and refused. It's like knowing any other item is defective and ignoring it (tyres for example).

No. A recall is normally preventative, doesn't mean that there is an actual fault.

Had my letter through, and it is the charcoal canister. Will leave it until the next service in 5k miles. No issues to date and I'm not having the car make a special trip to the deal for it.