Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox bearing noise Avensis 1.8 TR

farshad12

Hi

Toyota avensis 1.8 TR

I had noise from my gearbox after a little bump in the traffic.  The noise was like a tractor "ticking noise".  

2X garages pointed out to gearbox.

Had the bearing changed but the garage only changed 1x bearing "I think" as now 2 months later it's making a whining noise and the tractor noise is very low and only can be heard after being parked up for 8hrs or so up to 3miles then goes away.

Luckily I have 6x months warranty on the work I had done on my gearbox.  I will be going back there to get it sorted, fingers crossed.

Spoke to Dealer and they said 2x bearings and a seal needs to be changed to get rid of the noise.

hope this helps. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI all

Update: Was due to take the car back for Gearbox/Bearing noise but thought to have all new tyres changes as 1 had a slow puncture and two others didn't look to good.

After having the tyres changed the Bearing noise went away.. How strange, I thought it was the Gearbox, now wondering if it was the tyres or could it still be the Wheel Bearing after being gunned up which the garages use have tighten the pins/hub so much that its temporarily cured the problem..

only time will tell.

I would say that the second noise was the tyres/wheels. Any noise from the transmission, wheel bearings, and tyres can sound similar - speed related drone. 

Hopefully it's all fixed.   

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links