Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Smart entry system

craggle

Hi All

I have a 2010 Toyota iQ3 and my partner has a 2012 Yaris Hybrid. On my iQ I have the smart entry system where the car unlocks soon as you touch the door handle assuming the keys are with you and it has the start button system to go with it.

The Yaris however has the smart start thing but doesn't have the automatic unlocking door handles so you have to press the keyfob buttons to lock and unlock the car. while this seems a minor issue it's a real pain after using my iQ for the week then having to find the keys each time I drive the Yaris, and then when you get in the car, you don't need the keys again to start it!

Question is can the smart locking system be retro-fitted to the car and what would you need to achieve it? As it has the sensor in the car to detect the key proximity and has the start button I'm kind of hoping all I need to do is change the door handles to the ones with the sensors in them and all the wiring will be in place ready to go but I fear this may be wishful thinking?

Craig.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

Have you found the answer to the door handle, I got the same problem.

Thanks 

kelly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links