Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Assisted hill start

Jtustin

Have tried several times and have followed the manual but can't seem to engage hill start mode

Sometimes you have to really stomp on the brake, before it registers. Personally I haven't found it useful enough, on one Toyota video it was shown in conjunction with the traction control on a snowy incline.

Press the brake pedal HARD you will hear a bleep noise, it holds for a few seconds then releases, if I remember correctly it doesnt work if the handbrake is applied

• 4 weeks later...

Also it doesn't always beep, but will show the light on dash.

you do have to press really hard like emergency stop style pressure on the foot break.

amazingly my Aygo does it automatically !

Really easy to use on the Aygo.

Just a follow on  update finally managed to engage hill start ( had the car nearly 6wks)it's a very finicky system though I would much prefer a switch!

Just a follow on  update finally managed to engage hill start ( had the car nearly 6wks)it's a very finicky system though I would much prefer a switch!

Never been on a hill steep enough to warrant using it. Most likely it is something for those who prefer not to use the handbrake as well as the foot brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Jtustin said:

It is easy, not "finicky", on my Auris Hybrid. Good hard press on the brake pedal, no problem. 

A switch on the other hand, would be extremely awkward - in my personal opinion. . 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links