Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dodgy software Prius mk 4

ian rooke

Hi according to Toyota customer services there is a map update coming in the next week, this may sort out the buggy software of the last update but at  the moment they cannot say what bugs it will fix, heres  hoping it is better than the last effort. 

Hmm, I think I'll stick with my strategy of leaving well alone.  I hardly use the SatNav because my TomTom is so much better and it plays my USB music just fine.

It ain't broke, so I won't fix it!

Hi I would agree with you but I was updated to 6.7owl when car was delivered so it was broke when I got it, can't do any more damage.Let you know how wrong it gets. 

Just now, ian rooke said:

...Let you know how wrong it gets. 

Would appreciate that.  Once I've heard a few people say they've got a version that's stable and works well enough, I might be tempted.

Hi just updated to 6.8OWL still cannot turn off both repeat disc and repeat track at the same time on the USB so no fix there. Will have to wait to use Sat Nav but hold no hope there I would advise people not to update to 6.7OWL or 6.8OWL as you get fed up of listening to the same disc or same track.

It looks like Toyota have pulled 6.8 from MyToyota. It was there yesterday morning, only 6.7 been offered now. Presumably their must have been problems with it?

3 hours ago, GerryJ said:

It looks like Toyota have pulled 6.8 from MyToyota. It was there yesterday morning, only 6.7 been offered now. Presumably their must have been problems with it?

That's another reason I'm leaving well alone at the moment.  It takes an age to go through the update, especially sitting in the car in READY for best part of an hour.

The last update I did on my Gen 3 immediately said there was another one as soon as I put the USB stick back in the PC after taking a new "fingerprint" from the car.

After half a night to download again, another 50 minutes in the car, I now had...     ... the previous version again!  (along with maps that were still hopelessly out of date).  AND it said I needed to do another update - that was the last time I ever tried.

Hi as I only drive in UK I did not load the rest of the maps so update took about 6 minutes

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ian rooke said:

Hi as I only drive in UK I did not load the rest of the maps so update took about 6 minutes

Same here with the 6.7 version

Hi just used the Sat Nav the volume has not been fixed it still shouts at you or if turned down you cannot hear it but it now seems to be linked to the USB volume as in if you turn up the USB volume the Sat Nav increases a lot. So much for a fix. I have contacted Toyota customer services am awaiting a reply. Don't hold out much hope.

Hi just updated to 6.8.1 WL still have the sound level going from a whisper to a shout it seems to be tied into the sound level of the USB, as before I would advise everyone to avoid updating untill they get it right.

1 hour ago, ian rooke said:

... I would advise everyone to avoid updating until they get it right.

I wonder if I'll live long enough!

Downloading Map Update 6.8.1H now. I wonder if it has the long awaited new Hastings to Bexhill 'link road' that has been missing from the last 2 updates.

6.56GB and downloading at a crawl as usual. (6mb/sec). Looks like I'll be playing with this for half the night again :-)

I have just purchased 6.8.1 (£0) under map care and now find that "My Toyota" is now telling me I have no purchases. What is wrong with Toyota? This means I cannot download the update. Just sent them an email.

Well, you are not missing much m8. I can't see any differences to 6.7.0.

The DAB radio info still doesn't scroll correctly on ALL radio channels

They still don't have the A2690 (Hastings to Bexhill 'link road'). This road opened to traffic on Thursday 17 December 2015. Google maps had it just a few weeks later, with street view. These maps are so out of date. The map files say they were created 21/6/2016. However, looking at the timestamp in the file it says: brand="Harman_OpenNav_v2 "2016.02.12. 8:56:37".

This just looks like a re-dressed 6.7.0 to make us all think it's newer.

OK, enough moaning. I'll just have to wait and hope the next update in 6 months actually has a newer map. If I was paying £109 for these updates, I'd be a little more than niffed. Mr T really needs to get a grip.

2 hours ago, GerryJ said:

I have just purchased 6.8.1 (£0) under map care and now find that "My Toyota" is now telling me I have no purchases. What is wrong with Toyota? This means I cannot download the update. Just sent them an email.

This is exactly the same thing that has happened with my "My Toyota" account page also... (I have a case open on it and was on the phone to them this afternoon)

2016-10-18.png

1 hour ago, thecaretaker said:

The DAB radio info still doesn't scroll correctly on ALL radio channels

Mr T really needs to get a grip.

I've got a separate case open on that one also! lol! ...and yes, Mr T does need to get a grip!!

I think I'll give this one a miss too, not worth the effort IMO.

They have reverted back to the original '2 bleeps' for speed cameras. It only sounds once on the approach to a camera.

Also, I filled a 34gb USB3 full of music and it doesn't seem to crash anymore.

So there does seem to be some improvements made in 6.8.1WH.

On 18/10/2016 at 6:06 PM, CPN said:

I've got a separate case open on that one also! lol! ...and yes, Mr T does need to get a grip!!

What head unit software is installed ? 

Press "setup" > "General" > "Software information" > "Audio information" it will be XE_ _ _ _ 

As the head unit and nav are separate units a nav update will not fix all head unit issues I recently had a customer with the same missing DAB text but no nav and updating the head unit to version XE3934 fixed the missing DAB text, the fix was a shot in the dark as the bulletin that comes with the software did not list missing DAB text as an issue that was being fixed but it worked, the bulletin ref is  BE-0044T-0415 this only applies to Yaris

It's not about "missing" DAB Text, it is about the wrong DAB Text (belonging to another station) and is usually from the last tuned FM station (not another DAB station). It alternates between the two randomly... e.g. Tuned to Absolute80s on DAB - correct track info showing on the text strip - 5 secs later info from the RDS stream of Radio 2 which was the last FM station tuned to...

Oh, and this is with the latest head unit soft/firmware... try this link to see what I am on about... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ixUdCuhVxncGplYVhzM3pTbGM

(it was only AFTER making this video that I realised the alternate stream was coming from FM RDS and not an alternate DAB stream)

IMG_20160923_193915.jpg

Today I sent this email to Toyota GB...

19:21 (5 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Toyota
cleardot.gif

Hi again Cody/Luke,

You will both be relieved to hear that the long running saga with my account now seems to be fixed and today I managed to successfully download and install v6.8.1WL onto my Yaris.

Something that I noticed, post install, is the schizophrenic nature of the radio software itself; which may possibly have some bearing on the other issue we have been dealing with (the radiotext shenanigans - CASE0621129).

At the end of today's update process, it instructed to remove the USB stick so that the head unit could be reset. After this reset was completed and the radio came back on, I was presented with the old style "3-D" interface as in this image...

?ui=2&ik=9f37429205&view=fimg&th=157f7ed0708f2a64&attid=0.2&disp=emb&realattid=ii_iuob4y9l0_157f7a0ffa8ccac3&attbid=ANGjdJ8LwUEY22pVROEMCuWXOZmFSKEYgQlaRfj8pUqSk_VkV1Vp8xXo7GeE6irATYNrNPCUE0q8WoQpjVE_PsCEXS4sh-po95fLsUyXq6DkpyZlsoEg38nFOY3KOao&sz=w986-h730&ats=1477333354632&rm=157f7ed0708f2a64&zw&atsh=1

After going in and out of Navigation a couple of times and then going back to the radio, it quickly reverted to the new flat interface as in this image...

?ui=2&ik=9f37429205&view=fimg&th=157f7ed0708f2a64&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_iuod5dgv6_157f7d4bbb803109&attbid=ANGjdJ9z-wLWWIiNsuhIJ02KpMsQ0w8zBHgqexyTcCah35IYtImp7gmvjRayvbVjqhUmos0kthCIQTnXx-zuu0cTdXRPfZajT6c8Ft5grhaNRA8fp5TPJw8F5y9JbVk&sz=w1004-h744&ats=1477333354632&rm=157f7ed0708f2a64&zw&atsh=1

...which is a bit strange don't you think? Why are there bits of the old software left over somewhere? Then again, it also begs the question, which is the "old" and which is the "new"? You will also notice that in the first image, the radiotext is correct but in the second, good old Steve Wright from Radio 2 is overlaying LBC yet again... (also notice the truncated D1 National in the 1st image).

I wish someone in Toyota GB and Toyota Europe would realise how important issues like this are in the overall consumer experience for Toyota Customers because, at the moment anyway, that kind of concern "at the top" is not filtering down to the customer! I also wish that the automobile industry in general would realise and accept that they are not just selling "cars" these days. They are selling computers on wheels and they should ramp up their IT and Electronics abilities by some margin in house and not just contract it out to 3rd Party suppliers like Harman who do not seem to be interested or care how up to date their maps are...

TEMCY16FEUL;HMFEU2015Q4;20160504

That info from the software I downloaded today is appalling! This update is already 6 months out of date and based on maps from the last quarter of 2015 which is a full year out of date?! Are Harman (& Toyota for that matter) even aware that TomTom put out 4 updates a year to their maps and they are never more than 3 months out of date?

I would appreciate it if someone in Customer Relations would pass all this feedback on up the line and proverbially "thump the desk" on my behalf because, quite frankly, it is starting to get more than a little tiresome to have to keep constantly banging on about the Entertainment and Navigation systems in Toyota's cars; trying to get those at the top to take a greater interest in this part of the business. Kind of ironic for a company that builds and sells excellent Hybrid Electric Vehicles don't you think?

Regards,

Colin

No trees were injured in the creation of this email, but a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I had major issues updating our 2014 Gen 3 Sat Nav in 2015. In the end the dealer had to fit a new Sat/Nav under warranty; the car was at the dealers for 3 days.. The service manager advised I never try to do it myself again. This year (2016) the dealer updated the Sat/Nav. I was told it took ages and gave problems. In future i will only get  updates if the dealer does it. My dealer seems quite happy to do this. Even with the latest update the Sat/Nav sometimes gives wrong instructions at roundabouts and does not recognise some "newer" roads.

• 4 weeks later...