Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 4 recall.

diverdave

Looks like it's  turn for a major recall involving the Prius, and 200h                                                                  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3835373/Japan-motor-giant-Toyota-forcedc-recall-cars-faulty-brakes-reports-deaths.html

Link to advertising removed.

Reading the article, the Auris and CT200h aren't involved in this parking brake cable recall.

Sorry Frosty you are right, I copied and pasted forgot to take out the reference to the 200h. :blush:

A lot of prius owners I know never use the parking brake. They just leave it in Park.

I must admit I don't always use the parking brake, and even if it did surely the parking pawl would stop the car from going anywhere as it automaticly goes into park when you turn the engine off.

The article says the car could roll away if left unattended and not in park. Who leaves the car unattended, in gear and running apart from motoring journalists ?

The only time I leave mine running with me not in the car is when I take the dustbin in/out on the drive and I put it in park, other than that if I get out the car is switched off. 

Presume the Americans may be at fault.

Anton Yelchin (Star Trek's Chekov) is presumed to have left the engine running in his Jeep and not properly left the vehicle in Park, when the car rolled into him and killed him - although there is reportedly an issue with the selector in the type of transmission used.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links