Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior light

FROSTYBALLS

Thinking of fitting a brighter bulb to the interior light of a 2016 Aygo, but fitting a bulb to this isn't covered in the full owners manual. Doesn't seem to be any obvious recess where a blade will fit. How does the lens to the interior light come off?

Dude...

There is a little notch mid way down the driver/right side, get a thin flat screwdriver and lever the light down towards you and out of the surround...

Notice my bulb? It's a nine element SMD LED, it's the mutts!!!

P_20161015_151032_1.jpg

Its a different fitting in mine. 

Toyota Aygo interior light.jpg

Just a new to me Aygo - (2014) thought exactly the same it need to be so much brighter! 

Yep same problem for me. I must have spent at least an hour trying to figure out accessing the bulb without breaking anything. There must be somebody who has figured it out! :) 

ditto any clues on how to open ?

does anyone have a diagram or schematic of the boot or wiring assembly and or parts diagram 

I have taken mine out to remove the remnants of some bugs which managed to get stuck inside. It came out as whole assembly and just pulled out. I can't recall exactly where I levered the assembly but it did just remove without the removal of any screws etc. It is held it with some simple sprung clips.

On 17/10/2016 at 10:35 PM, kamilb1998 said:

I have taken mine out to remove the remnants of some bugs which managed to get stuck inside. It came out as whole assembly and just pulled out. I can't recall exactly where I levered the assembly but it did just remove without the removal of any screws etc. It is held it with some simple sprung clips.

Thanks, is is a wedge W5w 501 style bulb or a festoon (metal contacts at both ends)? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links