Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Centre console cover/mat

Harters

Hi

I am just about to place my order for a Prius Excel but I have a query about an item that's on the confgurator but nowhere else. 

Its called "Centre Console Cover" and is a small leatherette Mat that sits in the main area of the white centre console as below. 

Centre%20Console%20Cover_zpss9sytbyz.jpg

It's not in the accessories brochure, price lists or shown in the main brochure, just the configurator.

Does anyone have anymore information on it?  It's only £60 and looks really nice.  I won't be using the wireless charging facility so covering it wont be an issue, I just don't want to miss out if it's only factory order. 

All I have found online is replacing the whole console which I don't want to do.

Thank you

Hi Stephen,

Other than the fact I've moaned about at length that the my new Gen 4 Prius Excel 17inch wheel version doesn't have a spare wheel, I'm absolutely delighted with it! How folks can knock the Prius defeats me. I guess they must be trolls!! Now regarding this accessory it certainly wasn't offered to me so I can't give you any details. However, since I own an iPhone 6S & the phone just isn't compatable with the car, I have no use for this phone charging area so this accessory would interest me as well. Before someone mentions it I do know I can get a gizmo to make my phone Qi compatable but I don't want to especially since it's not compatable with many other features such as emails & some aspects of messaging etc. I'm also curious as to where you saw the replacement of the whole white console? Could you let me have those details since I'm not over impressed with the ivory white areas inside the car, though it certainly didn't put me off buying this dream machine!

If you Google "2016 Prius Centre Console Cover" its the first thing you see.  There is a post on this forum where someone has replaced it as well as the white area around the gear selector.

Personally, I really like the white console and selector, I would just like the small mat to make a nice contrasting soft mat area and cover something I am never going to use.

There are options to cover the console or add the console try shown above however they are only compatible with cars WITHOUT the QI charger:

Console tray

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/cbfeeb74-8d09-4aad-8037-e88567eb3c90/Prius_Centre_console_tray_08283_47810_AIM_003_707_0.pdf

Console cover in black

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/936420bb-affc-47e8-90ec-77be8205e675/Prius_Centre_console_cover_08281_47810_AIM_003_874_0.pdf

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the link.

In that case, I won't pursue it any further :smile:

I don't want to cover all the white as per the 2nd link as I like it, I just thought the small leatherette tray just slipped in loose and looked pretty nice.

I have the little leather cover, I ticked the option when I purchased my car. In hindsight, it was a lot of money for something so small. It just covers the charging point for your mobile phone. It probably looks better without it.

That's exactly what I am looking for.  Interesting that you have managed to have it fitted to an Excel which has the charging facility.  I am thinking I may order it once I have the car, then adapt it so I can loose fit it or maybe use another form of fixing it rather than having to take the console apart.

Do you have a photo you could share, it's always good to see real photos.

It would not stop me buying the car but the white bits will be replaced. Where have you seen  a source for the grear surround and steering wheel replacements ?

I have  Galaxy with an induction charger back which would probably work but as I never have the phone on when driving would not miss the charger.

Any idea as to the cost of the official replacement black Console?

12 hours ago, Harters said:

That's exactly what I am looking for.  Interesting that you have managed to have it fitted to an Excel which has the charging facility.  I am thinking I may order it once I have the car, then adapt it so I can loose fit it or maybe use another form of fixing it rather than having to take the console apart.

Do you have a photo you could share, it's always good to see real photos.

I don't currently have a camera to take a photo, but I found a shot of it on Google. It is really easy to fit. It has 1 screw that fits into the end of the console. On the back of the leather cover it has a simple popper that fastens to the head of the screw. A bit like the popper you get on a pair of jeans. I purchased the black console applique and it also fits well with that. When I get a camera or can get one of the kids to use their phone, I'll show you how it fits.

Toyota-Genuine-Prius-Zvw50-Zvw51-Zvw55-Leather-Console.jpg

Hi Stephen & Devon Aygo,

thanks for the details regarding the central console.

14 hours ago, thecaretaker said:

I don't currently have a camera to take a photo, but I found a shot of it on Google. It is really easy to fit. It has 1 screw that fits into the end of the console. On the back of the leather cover it has a simple popper that fastens to the head of the screw. A bit like the popper you get on a pair of jeans. I purchased the black console applique and it also fits well with that. When I get a camera or can get one of the kids to use their phone, I'll show you how it fits.

Toyota-Genuine-Prius-Zvw50-Zvw51-Zvw55-Leather-Console.jpg

Thank you for the image. It looks really good. Only thing is I don't want to take the console apart. 

Look forward to seeing how it's fixed if you are able to at some time then I will decide. There is obviously no problem with it fitting over the charging pad and switch 👍

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:26 PM, Harters said:

Thank you for the image. It looks really good. Only thing is I don't want to take the console apart. 

Look forward to seeing how it's fixed if you are able to at some time then I will decide. There is obviously no problem with it fitting over the charging pad and switch 👍

Sorry it took me so long. Here are the pics of the fixing on the leather cover. As you see, there is no need to pull the console apart. It's just 1 popper.

20161020_155600.jpg

20161020_155614.jpg

20161020_155629.jpg

20161020_155646.jpg

20161020_155709.jpg

20161020_155720.jpg

• Like 1

@thecaretaker - Thank you so much for posting the photos, they are great and just what I wanted to see.  As you say, no need to take the console apart which is brilliant.  Seems odd that the instructions for it seem to indicate you have to. Maybe it's to get an accurate placement of the screw.  I think I will use double sided tape and see how that goes first before I get the drill out :happy:

I will definitely order this now.

Thanks again :smile:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links