Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre-Ordered C-HR

Toyota_FanBoy

Hi guys, new here and very happy to join. The C-HR just got revealed here and I'm really taking it into consideration and would probably buy a '17 model when sales starts here (The 1.8 Hybrid and 1.2 Turbo will be available with only a CVT and AWD). Just a few issues on my mind which I would like to get your insight on.

First it's the CVT: CVTs are not common on cars here (mostly the traditional auto gearbox or a double clutch one, and 95% of cars are automatic, so the 6 speed manual is out of the picture and will probably never be sold here). From what I've heard and read CVTs are not that exciting and tend to be very noisy in acceleration. How would it be compared to a traditional automatic gearbox (The cars that I've had so far are Peugeot 206, Kia Cerato, Kia Mohave and all were/are automatic)?

Second is the Turbo issue: I know turbos are very common in Europe but here they're not (though they are catching up recently with the XC90, Capture, 2008, Talisman, Lexus models, and all sorts of BMWs and Chinese cars), and I've heard they are more sensitive to the type of petrol used (only have regular 87, Medium 90 or premium 94 petrol here), require more attention and maintenance , more regular oil and filter changes, don't last as long as normal engines and might have problems in low mileages (like 30K), and etc. I've never owned a Turbo and as I'm planning on keeping it for a good few years and above 100K I'm really worried about how good it will last (though I know it's a TOYOTA - As a side note, Kia, forget it, most of their cars don't have much of a quality).

Tnx 

And here's the unveiling of the C-HR:

91863_DSC_3460.JPG

43874_DSC_3463.JPG

38866_DSC_3466.JPG

88725_DSC_3467.JPG

21510_DSC_3432.JPG

I wouldn't think autos were any more or less common in Yorkshire than anywhere else in the UK.

• Like 1

going by the .ir I think that you will find that he is in Iran despite his profile. ;)

• Like 3

You're correct Alan, I should've mentioned I'm not currently living in UK.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 7:16 PM, Heidfirst said:

going by the .ir I think that you will find that he is in Iran despite his profile. ;)

Yes Scott, I'm from Iran. I had to fill in the location when signing up on the forum and there was no other option other than UK counties (I've lived in Yorkshire a few years so I put that in, as it reminds me of good memories). As turbo cars are not common here and there are few countries which sell the C-HR for now, I wanted to get you guys views on the things I had in mind. It would be of much help to me. Tnx again

5 hours ago, N-toyo said:

I had to fill in the location when signing up on the forum and there was no other option other than UK counties 

there should be an other/non-UK option iirc.

• Like 1

If you live in a built up area or a city then the choice should be hybrid. For motorway or more higher speed driving the turbo would be better suited.

You shouldnt have problems maintaining either as I'm sure Toyota would have a warranty in Iran as well? Toyotas are generally solid cars and after 5yrs if you still have the car it would be a more common sight for your local independent garage. 

Turbo or hybrid... The cars fueling/map would be suited for local envoriment and available fuels. 

I wouldn't worry. Test drive both cars and decide from there which best suits your driving style. 

Enjoy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 786s13 said:

If you live in a built up area or a city then the choice should be hybrid. For motorway or more higher speed driving the turbo would be better suited.

You shouldnt have problems maintaining either as I'm sure Toyota would have a warranty in Iran as well? Toyotas are generally solid cars and after 5yrs if you still have the car it would be a more common sight for your local independent garage. 

Turbo or hybrid... The cars fueling/map would be suited for local envoriment and available fuels. 

I wouldn't worry. Test drive both cars and decide from there which best suits your driving style. 

Enjoy

Yes, Toyota does have a 5 year or 150000 KM warranty here and a 7 year one for the hybrid batteries. As you rightly pointed out Toyota's quality is indisputable. The thing that I was more concerned about was the more possibility for things to go wrong as compared to conventional drive trains and the small niggles with the CVT that everyone complains about. I don't know, maybe I'm being too fussy about all this.

I'll be using it for everyday commute and sometimes highway and mountain roads. Fuel is cheap here (around 0.24 pounds per litre) and the only reason that persuades people to buy Hybrids here is the 45% difference in import tax (55% for petrol cars and 10% for hybrids). Due to the more complex nature of Hybrids and as they are relatively new in Iran and considering only ONE!!! Toyota dealership gives service to them (ridicules I know!) I'd probably go for the Turbo.

Thanks for your input Jav

22 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

there should be an other/non-UK option iirc.

Tnx Scott, I hadn't seen it.