Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Introducing myself

123techno

Hello everyone.

I'd like to introduce my self. I am James from New Zealand. I've owned quite a few Toyota in my life (in different regions too) and done lots of things here and there with them. I have loved every Toyota I've owned. Here is a list in kind of chronological order

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan [2E]

1998 Toyota Corona GLi (Corona Premio) [3S-FE]

2008 Toyota Vios E (Belta) [1NZ-FE]

2005 Toyota Vitz RS (Yaris TR) [1NZ-FE]

2006 Toyota Blade [2AZ-FE] {current}

1993 Toyota Caldina 4wd [3S-FE] {current project car}

I mostly do a lot of electrical based things with my car and some light mechanical stuff. I recently bought an old tired Caldina wagon as a sort of project car to learn more mechanical stuff and also fix up some of the little things in it to give it a few more years before retiring.

I'm looking forward to being involved in this forum.

Cheers!

Hello James - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2016 at 9:06 PM, 123techno said:

Hello everyone.

I'd like to introduce my self. I am James from New Zealand. I've owned quite a few Toyota in my life (in different regions too) and done lots of things here and there with them. I have loved every Toyota I've owned. Here is a list in kind of chronological order

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan [2E]

1998 Toyota Corona GLi (Corona Premio) [3S-FE]

2008 Toyota Vios E (Belta) [1NZ-FE]

2005 Toyota Vitz RS (Yaris TR) [1NZ-FE]

2006 Toyota Blade [2AZ-FE] {current}

1993 Toyota Caldina 4wd [3S-FE] {current project car}

I mostly do a lot of electrical based things with my car and some light mechanical stuff. I recently bought an old tired Caldina wagon as a sort of project car to learn more mechanical stuff and also fix up some of the little things in it to give it a few more years before retiring.

I'm looking forward to being involved in this forum.

Cheers!

HI James and everyone, Im in New Zealand too! Currently im driving a 1995 toyoto Carib 4wd.

i was looking to upgrade to either a 2007 Blade TRD sport (2.4) or 2007 Blade 2.4 or 2010 Auris 180G (1.8) with a Valvematic engine.

I live near Hobsonville Auckland so lots of highway driving. What do you think is best for fuel economy? i like the 2010 but no one here seems to know anything about the Valve matic engine as its only available as a Japanesse import. 1.5 Auris is guttless to me so that's not an option.

Blade i love especially the sport one but it feels like it would suck gas? and does a sport exhust be good or bad for fuel economy? Eeeks i need help!!  

Any suggestions are much appreciated! :)

Hi Stacy,

Nice to meet a fellow kiwi.

The Auris would be best on gas. Valvematic engine is just a better version of VVTi. From what I know they are good engines.

Engine and drive-train in the Blade TRD sport and Regular Blade are the same. Only difference is exhaust. This will hardly make any difference in your gas mileage.

The Blade is not too bad on gas, if you do a lot of highway driving you could get around 15km/l

Yea 1.5 Auris would be slightly under powered as its a relatively heavy car.

Just one note is you should test drive these cars out. Not sure if you are aware but they have CVT transmissions. It may take a bit of getting used to, not many people like them.

Hope it helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links