Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

03 Yaris Boot Light Not Working

Mark226

I'm trying to get the boot light on my 2003 Yaris to work. It was an ex demonstration car so I suspected that I would find a fitting with no bulb (so that they can leave the boot open all day). There is a bulb though, and it looks like it should work (I've looked at the filament with a magnifying glass). The wiring also looks OK. I thought I found a dodgy switch earlier but it turns out to be the central locking mechanism! The only issue that I can find is that the open door warning light doesn't come on when the boot is open, so that is probably the problem? Does anyone know where the relevant sensor for the boot is? Or have any other suggestions?

I've owned the car for a couple of years and my mum had it before and I don't think the boot light has worked since we've had it. It isn't exactly critical but I would like it to work, especially at this time of year.

Thanks!

Mark

16 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Fuse?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've checked all of the smaller fuses and none of them are broken.

• 1 month later...

On myYaris Verso, there is a flashlight combined with the bootlight. My light wont work eighter. Never did. It turns out there is one pin missing in the connector under the flashlight. Flash light work on mine, but not the light.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys I can't find any better topic to place my question so I will do it here. We bought Yaris 2012 and the luggage light seems to switch on after about 40-50 seconds from opening back doors.  Is it something normal? It's so annoying when you have to wait nearly a minute before you can see anything in there. Is there is any switch or motions sensor or it shoul switch on straight after opening the back doors? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links