Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo MK2 2014 onwards boot light retro fit

Packard

I've read numerous threads around the MK1 Aygo boot light and various retro fits.

However the mark 2' has a blanking plate wear on optied In models has the light included. (This is rare)

ive asked at my Toyota they can supply the light that goes there, but at that point are a little vague over the switching element of how it actually operates i.e. What is the sensor, where it is positioned etc.

ive googled the hell out of this, but just keep getting the mark 1' then saying fit an old door sensor or magnetic reed switch, but as this now IS available from the factory I'd love to be able to fit it correctly.  I have an auto electrical friend so fitting for him is easy, once we find the part numbers.

Can anyone help ideally supply the parts diagram for this and parts number.

thank you. 

The boot light is standard on the current X-clusiv, and is available on the X-pression upwards as part of the X-tra Convenience pack. The X-tra Convenience pack may be a factory fit, as it also comprises automatic air con, dusk sensing headlights, smart entry and push button start.

As regards the parts, one could send Parts-King a personal message - detail your car (reg.no) and what you want.

• Like 1

Thanks, I have - mk2 Aygo e-xclusiv blanking plate with no leads and light.  I'm happy to retro fit (if doable) and will post guide if I can get it done.

its mainly about finding what the trigger is, thanks I'll send a message. 

I can't even find the online parts diagram for a mark 2 which would have helped,

I would be interested in a retro fit guide for this. The dealership have said that they "don't think its possible".

I'm lead to believe the cars with smart entry have an electric boot release? I have a feeling the "trigger" for the boot light is linked to this, hence why the dealership suggested it's not possible or difficult to retrofit using original wiring etc. on an Aygo without smart entry.

• Like 1

I have now managed to track this down from Citroen, a trip to the Citroen, Toyota and Peugeot dealers this week to try and track down parts/prices And hopefully find a 2016 in show room with one fitted.

IMG_0630.PNG

IMG_0632.PNG

Update - now ordering a tilt switch (eBay reputable seller)  and light module from Toyota. Does anyone want to know if I manage to crack this ?

Certainly would. If you could get a list of part numbers together etc. It would be most appreciated!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links