Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gasoline/Petrol price settings in MFD

David A Needleman

I am the proud owner of a 2013 Prius Plug-In. I read through the user manual to familiarize myself with the car as it is my first hybrid. I see reference to being able to set the price of gasoline/petrol, but when I look through the menus, this setting is not there. Was that setting not really available in 2013 on the plug-in models? I've been scouring the 'Net' to get a good answer on this, but all the info I've found so far on this makes no mention of whether or it it was included on the 2013 plug-in. Any advice would be appreciated. I can post the page number where the info is found in my user manual.

Cheers,

~Dave

Welcome.  I too have a 2013 plugin (since mid Sept) but I haven't found anything about petrol prices.  Before the plugin I had a gen3 Prius and that didn't have anything about petrol prices either.  The manuals cover many countries and markets so not all the features mentioned are available on the UK models.  I will have a rummage in the manual to see what it says.

1 hour ago, johalareewi said:

... I had a gen3 Prius and that didn't have anything about petrol prices either...

My Gen 3 (ordinaire, not PiP) did (do does my Gen 4).  Only thing, you have to enter price per gallon, first few times I entered per litre and got rather unrealistic results!

[The database I've set up on my phone tells me though, once I've entered the cost and number of litres].

It's possible the PiP doesn't have this, but I think it only appears on the menu after you've entered an average mpg figure for another vehicle - one of the displays will then tell you how much you've saved since trips A & B were reset.

I've set mine up to compare to a 1.33 6-speed petrol Yaris I used to have and the figures are quite satisfying.

AFAIK there was no fuel price option on the T3 gen3 Prius and I can't find one on the PIP.  The OP mentions the MFD (as opposed to the touch screen).  Perhaps the page number would be useful.

2 hours ago, johalareewi said:

AFAIK there was no fuel price option on the T3 gen3 Prius

There was on my T3 Gen 3 - but that was a 2012 post-facelift model.  Maybe it wasn't on the pre facelift?

Could be I never saw or found anything to do with fuel prices.  I notice the 2013 plugin has a lot of extra stuff popping up on the MFD (like Trip stats, heating settings).

It wasn't on the pre-facelift 2010 Gen 3 T-Spirit I had.

Thanks all who replied. It might be, as I've found reference to, only on the Advanced trim/tech level with the premium audio/trip computer.

20 minutes ago, David A Needleman said:

... I've found reference to, only on the Advanced trim/tech level with the premium audio/trip computer.

Ah, that's a point: my old T3 Prius had the (£1,000) optional SatNav / Touch & Go Plus fitted at the factory (it was an ex-demo - I wouldn't have paid £50 for it!) so maybe that is why I had it...

My Gen 4 Prius is the top of the range (in the UK) Excel model so maybe it's not on all versions?

39 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Ah, that's a point: my old T3 Prius had the (£1,000) optional SatNav / Touch & Go Plus fitted at the factory (it was an ex-demo - I wouldn't have paid £50 for it!) so maybe that is why I had it...

Not linked to that I don't think, as your ICE / Satnav was the same as in my PiP I believe, and it doesn't have it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links