Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

SR180 rear left brake caliper

thompa25

Hi,

Was hoping someone would be able to help me out. The caliper on my 2.2 58 plate sr180 auris requires replacement. I ordered a new caliper, stripped everything down, the new caliper arrived, and it wasn't the same as the one i took off. Initially it looked like they had sent the right hand side caliper, as it appeared the lever mechanism for the hand brake cable was 180 degrees out, but on further inspection it looked a slightly different design. I've checked the box it came in and it says that it is a pagid ns rear caliper, not to say thats whats in the box right enough. Was just wondering if there is more than one rear left caliper for the auris of this year (2008) as there was only 1 avalible on euro car parts when i ordered from them.

cheers for your help

You could take the part number from Toyota and see 

Also see if the one you have is for a Bosch or akebono braking system 

There are three variations on a LHR caliper for Mk1 Auris 

47850-02100 - 1.33 vvti, 1.4 vvti, 1.6 vvti/valvematic, 1.8 valvematic, 1.4 d4d & 2.0 d4d

47850-12151 - 1.8 Hybrid

47850-12220 - 2.2 d4d

So if the euro carparts catalogue only list one option you may have the wrong caliper

Devon how come the 2.0 and 2.2 use the same discs and pads if the caliper is different 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links